Prologue

Rock and Roll is Changing. The Orphans Refuse.
A Goldie Review

The Who. Led Zeppelin. Frank Zappa. The Orphans? 

While the world may be filled with modern day rock poseurs, UK natives — The Orphans — are showing the world, one local show at a time, what it really means to command a stage.

Music today is an ever changing landscape and what the world needs now is love, sweet love, and most of all, a reliable sound that gives youth and adults alike an escape from the monotony of stagnate day jobs and lifeless suburbia.

Upbeat percussion. Alluring vocals. Seductive strumming. All the makings of a good band. Long haired demigods, created to prove to the rest of the world what it means to be true artists. But, what sets The Orphans apart from the rest?

"The world is full of try-hard musicians, but rock and roll is innate," Orphans frontman, Harry Styles, proclaims. "And I was born to show the world what real music is."

Their craft extends beyond sex, drugs and rock and roll though. If you were to ask me, I would answer: They are lyrical geniuses. When they sing, in perfect harmony, I feel as though they are singing directly to me. I'm the star of a dream from which I never want to wake up. They are 20th Century Shakespeares and I am their Ophelia.