<1> Pleasant Past, Unpleasant Future

A young girl, around eight years old, sits down at a table. Her name is (Y/n). She's a guest at her good friend's house. That good friend is Gundham Tanaka. He lives with his single mother in a small-looking house. He was a strange boy, believing he was the Dark Lord, but he was kind. Gundham and (Y/n) met in the first grade, in their classroom. Now, the two are inseparable. Best friends. Gundham's mother offered to make (Y/n) lunch, which she gratefully accepted. As the two ate, his mother asked (Y/n), "What do you want to be when you grow up?" She replied happily, "I want to be a veterinarian!" But, she never became a veterinarian. In fact, she became a fashion designer, and a well-known one. Gundham became an animal breeder. He took care of hamsters, dogs, cats, even a grizzly bear, and he cared deeply for all of them. 

Even though they had separate careers, they stayed inseparable throughout the years to high school. (Y/n) became one of the little people who were allowed to watch his animals while he left the house, and Gundham even offered to model her male outfits. They were best friends, some might even say soulmates. They had each other's backs, and worked together whenever possible. When they reached freshman year, (Y/n) began to realize Gundham was more than a good friend. After that day, he became a small crush that began to grow throughout the school years. She never realized that Gundham felt the same way for her.. He realized she was someone he could trust with anything. 

But, when their small crushes on one another had grown to strong affections, (Y/n) received an acceptance letter from a school called Hope's Peak Academy. She was excited to go to a new school, but she remembered Gundham. Leaving him here to go to this school saddened her. She walked to his home. His mother greeted her as usual and (Y/n) sat down at the table. Gundham sat down across from her with a sheet of paper in his hand. He noticed the paper in her hand. "You received something as well?" He asked. "Yeah.. an acceptance letter to Hope's Peak Academy," she said nervously. "Oh really? I received a letter of acceptance to Hope's Peak Academy as well," he pushed the paper towards her. She read his letter, it was the same as the one she had received. She smiled, relieved. "I look forward to participating in the next school year alongside my close friend," Gundham laughed enthusiastically. 

At the beginning of the school year, Gundham and (Y/n) were to enter the school. But, as soon as they step foot on the grounds, they started to grow tired. Until they collapsed, their vision went blurry, everything turning dark..