Meeting Frank

This chapter kind of sucks, so... go on at your own risk.

Oh and if you get the guitar's name reference thing, please tell me so I can love you. (That's actually my guitar's name, by the way. Awh my baby <3 I sound like such a fucking creeper. I'll just stop talking now.)

My calm TV watching was interrupted by a furious banging on the door.

"Sian! Open this goddamn door!"

Rolling my eyes, I got up and went to open the door for Laine. Obviously surprised by the door disappearing suddenly, she stumbled forward before catching herself. She brushed off her gray skinny jeans and smirked at me.

"I brought Frank."

"Where is he?"

"Being a fucking retard in the car. Just give him a couple minutes."

I shrugged and opened the door wider so Laine could get inside. She wrapped her arms around me in an awkward hug before skipping to the kitchen.

"Excuse me?" I called to her. "What are you doing?"

"I'm hungry!" she called back. I saw her leaning to look inside the fridge.

"When are you not hungry?" I said, slamming the door and going after her.

She resurfaced from the fridge with a can of Dr Pepper and some leftover fries from my dinner last night. I wrinkled my nose in disgust.

"You are such a pig."

She shrugged, and closed the fridge door with her elbow before going over to the counter. "I like food."

I went to her side and flicked her soda can. "Dr Pepper?"

She snatched the can defensively. "It's my happy juice."

I snorted. "Happy juice? What is it, drugs?"

"No!" she snapped, taking her food and going back to the living room.

I followed her, giggling at myself because I was so fucking hilarious. "Are you a druggie, Laine? With your happy juice?"

"Shut the fuck up," she grumbled, sitting on the couch.

I sat next to her and grabbed the can, shaking it a little. "I don't know, seems like drugs to me."

She flipped me off and quietly munched on a couple of fries. I grimaced, "You're eating them cold?"

"Yeah," she said through a mouth full of food. "What of it?"

I shook my head. "You're disgusting. Just go on, drink your happy juice."

She cackled and did so. "You know," I said simply, playing with a loose string on my jeans. "You have a chicken laugh." Contrary to what I was expecting, she just rolled her eyes and continued eating.

I sat their impatiently as she munched on her cold fries before finally saying, "Did Frank die or something?"

She shrugged. "He's probably snooping around my car. You know, looking for treasure and shit."

"Where would he find treasure in your piece of shit car?"

She glared at me. "Betsy forgives you."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't care for your car's forgiveness."

She crossed her arms and pouted. "You should."

I rolled my eyes again and playfully hit her shoulder. "Okay, fine. I beg for your car's forgiveness."