The Number Killer Chapter 1

Dear Diary,    

With all the stuff going on around town I want people to read my every thought. You know in case I die. Well let’s start out with my name, Rachel Dunlap I’m 17 and I go to old Winchester school. So anyways this is the story the police are realizing. Yesterday a body of a male was found by the river. The medical examiner found nothing abnormal and said the cause of death was a heart attack. Well if only that was the case. Today school was cancelled. It feels like I’m the only one who doesn’t know what’s going on. Well I guess I will write later.

I locked the diary and put it in my usual hiding place, under the floorboard directly under my bed. I was watching TV when I heard crying. I quickly realized it was my sister, Alexis. I walked down the hallway to the first door to the right. I stepped in the room to find my sister sobbing her eyes out with her cell phone in front of her, blinking with a new text message.

“Alexis, what’s the matter.”

“She’s dead.”

“Who’s dead?”

“Molly.” She managed to get out. Molly was Alexis’s best friend. Closer to her than her own sister, me.

“Here read this.” She pointed the lit up cell phone into my face. I hit okay and started reading.

Molly’s dead they found her body tortured and stabbed several times. The police issued a report which will be on the news at 6. I looked at the clock 5:56. Alexis and I ran down the stairs. Sat on the couch, and flipped the TV to channel 4.