20

I quickly find my way to Stoffel's garage. I know the staff will let me in, so I don't have to worry about that. When I arrive there, Stoffel just takes off his helmet. I take his hand and drag him along, away from all the fuss in the pit box.

"What's going on Julia?!" He asked., worry audible in his voice.

"You wanted to talk to me and it seemed pretty urgent..." Stoffel huffed slightly. 

"And that you noticed." I can't help but feel offended by that remark, but after taking a deep breath, I can keep myself from saying anything stupid. 

"I'm sorry Stoff... Let's just say Pierre sprung something on me and that kind of caught me, not kind of, really caught me off guard and kept me busy for at least an hour after practice yesterday.

"I believe it was longer..." 

"Excuse me?"

"You and he went to the sea, it must have been longer than an hour after practice." Now I roll my eyes.

"Whatever, but anyway..." I say, trying to get to my point without being interrupted. "I am really sorry Stoffel, I shouldn't have forgotten and I should have talked to you sooner." Stoffel's look softens. He can't stay mad at me, he had forgiven me the first time I said sorry, but I don't know that, so I keep on apologizing. 

"It's okay Julia..." Stoffel smiles and I let a breath slip. "But what I wanted to talk to you about..." He takes me to his room within the hospitality and we both sit down on the bed. I take his hand and smile reassuringly. He smiles weakly and takes a deep breath before speaking up again. "What I wanted to tell you is..." He stops again.  "You know what, I have nothing to lose." He mumbles and I frown.

"What are you..." Before I can finish my sentence, Stoffel cuts me off by doing something that catches me off guard. I really need to fix that, it is the second time in two days...