A

Before, back home where I can from, where I was made, I was watching everyone to come and go.

Now, I was watching you grow.

You've grown, big sister!

Before, I was standing tall as you was trying to teach me how to walk, and I was standing tall right just on the level of your chest. But now, I was standing below your hips as you were trying to teach me how to dance with you as you held both of my hands as we sway to the music that mother played on the brown piano on the living room.

Time sure has flown by, hasn't it?

Time to time, you learned new things. Little by little, you mastered them. And every day you mature, I was there at your side, standing and watching you grow.

You told me that, usually for little girls they play house and cooking something in their cooking toys.

But you said that we will play something else and just dream for house and the kitchenette next time.

And this is what you are talking about.

You've learned how to make beautiful dresses of me out of the beautiful flowers from the garden of our mother. You also have made me a tiara out of those flowers.

We also have thought that mother will get mad at us if she have learned of what we have done to her little paradise.

But she didn't.

You told me that you've learned some masterpiece and it was called origami. And informed me that you've done your research on them on some books on father's library and tried to make them.

Birds..
Butterflies..
Aeroplanes..
Flowers..
Lanterns..

I was watching you making them.

Then one day, you told me that it was time to change my outfit and you got the idea that maybe you could make me a paper dress.
You learned to cut and fold papers and made me another set of clothes out of those colorful papers and made me a new beautiful paper head dress.

And next, you've asked mother if she could teach you how to crotchet. She wanted to object first. She said that it is still too early for you to learn things such as that.

But she didn't.

For she was deeply moved to realize that, the reason you went to her and asked her to teach you to crotchet was for you to make me a new set of clothes.

You were still half way to a decade but you made me dresses of more than the numbers of years in a decade. Mother even bought a little closet and hangers as a present on your birthday for you to put on those dresses that you made for me.

If we have to think about it, instead the present was for you to use, it was for me to use. You said that too, but you shook it off and said that your birthday is also my birthday since you have received me on your birthday and that was also the day I was part of the family and became your little sister. And besides, you said that you had your own closet, and now that they gave you a closet for me, I don't have to share with your closet anymore.

Thank you, big sister.

I wish I could give you a present too, even just a little one. Like making you a crown of flowers for your head like you had made for me the other day, even just a simple one. But in this body that I have, I can't make any, even just one.

All I got to give you was this permanent smile that I had on my face and be with you at your side.

If I could just make a present, I want to make you dresses too. Dresses sewn all day. Dresses sewn by staying up all night. Dresses that is sewn by my own hand.