Chapter 5

The classroom was filled with groans of pain, nobody liked projects unless they actually paid a lot of attention to what the teacher taught. "You'll be working with who I assign you to." All the students groaned again hating the teacher to force them to do something they didn't like along with someone they've probably never talked to. Helen looked like he was about to fall off of his seat when he heard the teacher say SHE was assigning partners, he'd probably have picked Y/n in a heartbeat since he was the only guy he actually conversed with. The teacher chose her first Victims, she partnered Judy with a guy she never even talked to before making her tell the teacher she wouldn't get any work done like this. The teacher only responded with a, "well it's your grade, you gotta learn to work with others. In future jobs they'll put you with someone unexpectedly." Damn the teachers logic, damn it all. The next victim was Helen, she locked eyes with Y/n first since he was in Helens seat. 'Let me work with Helen!' Y/n's eyes were pleading with desperation hoping the teacher would understand he needed this BADLY. The teacher gave a quick nod of confirmation at Y/n making him sigh in relief that she caught on. "Helen you'll be working with, Tom."

STUPID TEACHER, THIS IS BETRAYAL! Y/n wanted to flip the table in Anger, he was so infuriated. How dare she play with his feelings, well she couldn't read his mind, but still, it should've been obvious or she knew and PLAYED HIM the entire time. "Y/n you'll be working with Maggie." Oh great, the girl who made Helen out to be a criminal and was probably still out there spreading evil lies about people. Goodie.

The class had all their partners given to them by the teacher, "Now I would like you all to sit with your partners" a groan was about to leave everyone until the teacher cut them off midway, "stop groaning! You're all about to be in highschool, now move it!" She shouted making everyone scurry to the person they were assigned to. Helen was about to stand up and move, but Y/n stopped him putting his hand on his shoulder. "I'll make the sacrifice of moving, just don't forget about me." A dramatic pause left Y/n before he grabbed his bag and headed for the front of the classroom to work with, Maggie.

"Y/n sure is dramatic." A friendly laugh left Tom as he took a seat next to Helen, much to his displeasure. "Yeah." Helen nodded fully agreeing, Y/n's personality wasn't bad though. Helen was hoping to work with Y/n since they were already friends and this whole project thing would be a lot smoother. "I'm glad we could work together, I hope we can be friends." Tom smiled, it was unusual since he seemed unfriendly when Y/n tried to help him from Bullies. Maybe Tom wasn't so bad? "Yeah." Helen let out a small smile.

"What are they talking about..." Y/n mumbled to himself looking at Tom and Helen from afar, it seemed like Helen wanted to be as far away from the guy as possible. That made sense, Tom was always rude to Y/n when he tried to help him out with bullies. "Who and who? What are you looking at?" Maggie said next to you obviously trying to squeeze info outta you. Since the two of you were working together you felt like the two of you were sitting way too close, it made you feel extremely uncomfortable. "Nothing." Y/n whipped his head around to look at Maggie at the moment Helen smiled, completely missing the smile. "Ready to work on the project?" Maggie asked giving out a smile that was probably force, Y/n knew this girl was embarrassed from what he did at the lunch table so he decided to let her think that he thought her smile was genuine, "yu-P" he popped the P with his mouth.

It felt like hours had passed while working with Maggie, she was currently writing stuff for the project. Y/n told her that he'd be the one to present and she didn't mind. Y/n looked back at Helen and Tom who seemed like they were having a blast, that only left Y/n with a million questions to roam his brain. It certainly wasn't fair. It took him a while to even start a conversation with the Helen, but here Tom was making it look so easy. Stupid Tom, being friends with Helen is supposed to be hard. "Are you angry at me?" Y/n was pushed out of his thoughts by Maggie's voice, he hadn't even noticed he was furrowing his eyebrows at the desk with his arms crossed in an aggressive manner. "Oh, no no. I was just thinking about something earlier today." He quickly said, he didn't exactly hate Maggie, but he didn't like her either. Not that he'd ever tell her that. "Good, you've been staring at the desk for like ever." He hoped she was just exaggerating when she said that, because he didn't want to think he was Jealous about Tom and Helen suddenly becoming friends. "Ah sorry about that." He laughed nervously putting his hand behind his neck, he didn't want to look at Helen and Tom anymore as they obviously showed how well they clicked together.