Chapter 1: The World After Being Altered!

Beijing.

The morning of the second day.

At home, Zhang Ye, who had just woken up, was still wondering about the dream from last night. As he yawned, he switched on the television, so that he could watch the news. Suddenly, he realized that there was an additional silver ring on his left pinky. It was clearly not something that belonged to him. He tried as hard as he could to take it off, but it was to no avail. Not only that, but when he rubbed the surface of the ring, a touchable virtual screen suddenly appeared. It was written in the same font as the messages in his dream. It said, “Game Ring initialized. New player incentive package, ‘Randomly changing existing world background’ is in preparation for augmentation.”

Counting down…

Three seconds…

Two seconds…

One second…

Incentive package augmentation initialization!

Following that, Zhang Ye saw an alarming scene.

The HTC phone that he had thrown on the bed began twisting and strangely changed shape. Even the brand changed and ‘TCC’ was engraved on it instead. One of the two pirated Xu Zhimo’s poem collection placed by the window sill suddenly disappeared, while the other became Chen Tianmo’s poem collection.

He could not notice all the changes, as many things within his house were undergoing changes!

What alarmed Zhang Ye the most were the changes on the television. The Changhong-branded television turned into a Feitian brand, which he had never heard of. And the main thing was the content being broadcast on the television!

“Mango TV’s new variety show, ‘Glittering Radiance’ breaks 1% viewership.”

“Wu Bang’s latest movie, ‘White Maiden’ breaks 500 million in the box office.”

“Heavenly Queen Zhang Yuanqi’s new song failed once again. She will focus on the film industry from now on.”

“Yesterday, the work of world-famous artist Dake, “Blue Sky”, was auctioned off in America.”

“Many people in the entertainment circle dedicated songs to the most influential Heavenly King of film of the 20th century, Chen Weishi’s, 10th anniversary memorial concert. Heavenly King Sun Yu teared up on the spot while singing.”

Zhang Ye looked at all of this for ten minutes in a state of shock. He still did not understand what had just happened. How did the television and cellphone change brands?

Heavenly Queen Zhang Yuanqi?

When was there a Heavenly Queen named Zhang Yuanqi?

And the 10th anniversary memorial concert?

Where did this Chen Weishi come out from?

How could he not have heard of him? Zhang Yuanqi?

Could it be that Zhang Ziyi had changed her stage name?

Was ‘Chen Weishi’ Eason Chen‘s new name?

That can’t be right. Eason Chen is still alive!

What sort of movie was “White Maiden”?

Was it a film Bai Yansong f***ing starred in?

When the f*** did he start filming movies?

Zhang Ye rushed off the bed, in a panic to open the curtains. He saw everything outside changing. The two old trees by the road had disappeared. Replacing them was a flower bed. A high-rise building far in the distance had turned into a shorter building, with only six floors left. And not only had a few buildings that were originally gray in color subtly changed position, even the color of the stairs had changed to a brownish-white!