Chapter V

Intersperse

It had been four hours, twenty-seven minutes and eighteen words in perfectly written cursive since Maxwell's father had left.

Abeyance

Maxwell's father was hardly ever home so technically nothing should have changed. His father wouldn't be home and he would be sitting in his attic contemplating his existence like he usually did on Saturday evenings.

Machinate

But this Saturday was different. The house still smelled of him and even in Maxwell's attic where he had prohibited entry to both of his parents he knew that it still felt that he was there.

Polyglot

He reached over the desk to retrieve another piece of paper. Writing words always calmed him down, as much as dissolving into them, creating the delicate curves helped him to relax. He paused for a minute to think, then placed the nib if his fountain pen onto the page and began to loop and flourish the word ending with a Parish.

Crestfallen

He loved that word; it sounded so romantic, so beautiful and yet meant only pain and pure sadness. He felt crestfallen now as he looked down at the tear dripping down his cheek and landing gently on the paper causing the ink to spread and creep through the grooves of the parchment.

Maxwell sighed. Crying was useless, there was countless other things that he could do instead of weeping over things he had no control over. He smoothed out the non-existent wrinkles in his jeans as he stood and moved to climb slowly down the ladder.

There was no point in telling his mum where he was going; she needed to be alone and if Maxwell knew his mother, she would never do anything that she might regret later on.

Taking the back cover off of his blackberry phone, he retrieved his state library card and bus card.

****
Wow! It's been so long since I wrote this chapter and this book and I'm sorry. For making you wait but I went back to Australia to visit my family and couldn't take my laptop... I needed space for all the english books

I know this chapter is really short but next chapter Maxwell goes to the library and it just seemed like too much of a jump to move the story and theme that far in one chapter but I promise i will post it either tonight or tomorrow.

Oh and i really need a new cover because i just reworked the plot and this one doesn't involve a boat so having one on the front cover seems kind of weird. So if you have any I could use for this book please send it in...? Thanks for reading xx