"The whole reason I called you is to avoid a scene. Riding in my dad's cop car is embarrassing enough."

"Oh come on... riding in a cop car is amazing." Jeff says. "Not that I've ever ridden in one before. Because I haven't." I roll my eyes and we all go into school.

<>

I step out of my English class after the bell rings and Chlöe is standing there.

"Hello beautiful." She greets.

"Hey there good looking." She loops her arm through mine and the two of us walk down the hall.

"I like that skirt." She comments.

"Really? Thanks I got it a Forever 21." We continue to walk down the hallway when I bump into someone. I look over and it's Sheri.

"Jade." She spits out.

"Sheri." I shoot back.

"Listen I'm sor—" my hand comes up and slaps her in the face. She looks at me with shock.

"Go. To. Hell." I growl.

"Damn girl! What a slap!" Jeff says.

"Jade!" Mr. Porter yells. "My office."

"Uh oh. It's the fuzz." I sigh, tell Chöe I'll see her later and follow Mr. Porter to his office.

"Take a seat."

I sit down and pull a Twizzler out of my bag and chew on it and Jeff stands in the doorway

I sit down and pull a Twizzler out of my bag and chew on it and Jeff stands in the doorway. "You wanna talk about it?"

"I'd rather find my birth father and talk to him."

"Please Jade. Work with me here." I sigh.

"Talk about what? That Sheri killed Jeff and she can just waltz back into school?"

"She did her time and she didn't kill Jeff." I scoff.

"Yes she did." Jeff says. "Not that I'm biased, but she did."

"She might as well have. Look Mr. Porter just be glad that I didn't do worse like shove her in front of a bus or slam her face repeatedly into the lockers so hard that she becomes unrecognizable. It would be too much paperwork."

"But you and Jeff weren't together."

"Now wait a minute ass—"

"Not yet. But we were going to be and Sheri ruined that. But I'm with Zach now so it's good. I slapped Sheri and got my frustration out so it's good. It's all good. So are you going to have me suspended?" He shakes his head.

"No. Just a warning."

"Great. Can I go?" I pick up my bag and head to the door.

"If you need to talk about anything, I'm here to help."

"Oh yeah. Because you did such a bang up job with Hannah." I see Mr. Porter freeze.

"Boom." Jeff says. "Mic drop."

"You know about—"

"The tapes? Oh yeah."

"How? You're not on them."

"Hannah gave me a secret set of tapes that no one else knew about. So I've known about Jeff and Sheri for a while now."

"Why didn't she mention another set of tapes?"

"Because clearly she trusted me more than anyone else. Good day Mr. Porter."

"That went well." Jeff comments as we leave the office.

"Yeah. It did."

"Do you really feel better?"

"A little. I mean I'm not gonna go charging after her like a wild boar. She knows where I stand with her."

"We got ourselves a badass over here." Zach approaches me. "First Leah and now Sheri... any other girl you want to have a catfight with?"

"Well there was this girl that gave me the stank eye on my way to lunch yesterday. I don't know maybe I could claw her eyes out or something."

"Maybe." He presses his lips to mine.

"Your nails aren't that long. I'll buy you some longer ones if you want." I giggle against Zach's lips.

"What?" Zach asks.

"Nothing. Just thinking."

"Yeah. About me." Jeff scoffs. I look over at him.

"What are you looking at?" Zach asks.

"Nothing. I'm making sure there's no crazy girls around."

"Really? Cause I see one and she's right in front of me." Jeff winks.

"I really love you." I say, trying to drown Jeff out and keep myself from laughing.

"Oh I love you too you crazy bitch." Jeff says.

"I love you too." Zach says with a smile. The bell rings. "I'll see you later beautiful."

"Bye." I watch Zach walk down the hallway.

"That was cute." Jeff says.

"I'm going to murder you."