I Connor x Reader I 1

Start from the beginning

"Your uncle was murdered with a knife. He was stabbed seventeen times in the chest. There are traces of thirium on his clothing and on his skin, which suggests the involvement of a deviant in his death. The murder weapon also has no fingerprints."

Connor turned to you, effectively blocking your view of the body. You breathed a sigh of relief as his tall, broad body cut off the gruesome sight.

"Would it make you more comfortable if we leave this room?" He asked, and you nodded gratefully.

"Connor!" A low voice called from across the room. The android turned towards the voice, and you stepped behind him, still afraid of seeing the body again. "You find anything?"

"Not yet, Lieutenant Anderson. I was welcoming Miss [last name]."

Lt. Anderson came into view. He was a tall, elderly man with messy hair and a full white beard. 

"Well stop wasting my fuckin' time, kid. Hurry it up."

"Got it, Lieutenant."

The man looked you over, and then held out his hand for a handshake. You shook his hand quickly.

"No need to call me all that 'Lieutenant' bullshit. Call me Hank."

Connor quickly steered you away from the conversation and out of the master bedroom. He led you to one of your cousin's bedroom and sat down on the carpet. You joined him.

"Was there abuse of any kind from your aunt or uncle towards you or their children?"

"Yes," you responded immediately. "They used to scream insults at their kids, even when I was around. And I used to see the kids with unexplained bruises and cuts. Sometimes there were small burn marks, too."

He nodded. "Did anyone in the house smoke cigarettes?"

"Yeah."

"Who smoked cigarettes?"

"My uncle."

"Do you know the brand of cigarettes he smoked?"

You paused for a second. "I think it was... Marlboro?"

Connor nodded. "Would you do me a favor and wait downstairs for a few minutes? I need to do some reconstructive work, in which I do not require your assistance." The android stood up gracefully from the floor and you looked up at him, realizing just how tall he was. Connor extended a large hand down for you to grasp. You took it, and he effortlessly hoisted you up off the floor. You followed him out of the room. Connor made sure to keep the body out of your line of sight as he led you to the stairs. He took your hand in his own as he led you down the steps. When he got to the bottom, Connor let go of you.

"Thank you, Miss [last name]. I'll be back in a couple of minutes to talk to you again if we find anything."

"Okay. Thank you," you said, smiling at him in gratitude. He smiled back at you kindly, and started to walk back up the stairs. "Oh - Connor!" The android turned back to you with an expectant expression on his face. 

"Yes, Miss [last name]?" 

"You don't need to call me that, Connor. You can just call me [name]."

"Got it," he said, and turned back around to walk back up the stairs. 

You smiled to yourself as you took a seat away from the investigators. You rubbed your hands together, your breath clouding in the cold. You started thinking about Connor more and more. Even though Connor was only an android, you felt weird about him. He seemed like he was something more than just blue blood and plastic - the emotions in his eyes were too genuine to be a program.