Take Her Home

Robin sat on Raven's infirmary bed, and sighed. "Please don't tell me you're healed." He really didn't want to go back to Gotham. Something told him that The Joker would somehow get him fighting again. Raven looked down. That was all Robin needed for an answer. "So I guess we leave tomorrow? How does noon sound?" He stood up, opening the door for her. "Sounds good." She walked out the door, following Robin into the common room. Starfire was drinking her mustard, Beast Boy was playing video games, and Cyborg was behind Robin and Raven. "You two seem to be walking together a lot lately." Robin jumped, but Raven didn't even flinch. After he collected himself, Robin talked to all of his team. "I've gotten an important call, and it requires Raven and I to go out of town. I don't know how long we'll be gone, but I'll keep in touch." Starfire looked up from her mustard, and frowned. "Why is it that friend Raven gets to go on the trip with you?" Robin walked over to her,"First of all, this is no trip Star, it's a mission. Second, because I need someone who can phase through things, and who can blend in with the shadows." Raven nodded, going over to make herself a sandwich. Beast Boy paused his game, and looked over the couch. "Dude, bring me back a souvenir!" Raven phased through the floor, and ended up in front of him. She gave him her death glare, and Beast Boy ran over to Starfire. "Okay, or not." Cyborg interrupted their conversation. "Can I please speak to you and Raven in the hall?" Cyborg pointed to Robin, and Raven nodded. She followed the two boys out of the common room, and Cyborg spoke. "They may buy your whole 'mission' excuse, but I know you two are going to Gotham to see Batman. I think we all know that it's not to stop some bad guy. You two are seeing each other." Raven let her hood fall, her cheeks burning red. Robin stood there, jaw hanging open. "B-but how? We didn't tell anyone." Cyborg smirked. "You really think I would leave you two alone, Dick?" Robin put one finger up, but just continued to gape. Raven pulled her hood back up, eyeing Cyborg. "Let me guess, you overheard everything?" Cyborg nodded. "I didn't see anything, just heard stuff." Robin finally closed his mouth, but re-opened it,"We're leaving tomorrow. Could we borrow the T-car?" Cyborg almost laughed. "That's really funny, Bird Boy." Raven put her hands to her head. "All this talking is giving me a headache. Wre are taking the car, wether you like it or not." Raven felt her emotions slip, and heard a crack in the distance. "Rae, are you alright?" Robin noticed her starting to sway, and held her up. "I'm fine. I just need to meditate." She walked off towards her room, leaving Robin and Cyborg to talk. "You know, I really wish she wouldn't lie." Robin sighed, looking up at Cyborg. "She's just as stubborn as you." Cyborg put a finger to Robin's chest, and he brushed it off. "I should get packing." With that, Robin left Cyborg to stand in the hallway, alone.

Raven and Robin were packing all night, and had just loaded their stuff into the car. It was now the day to leave, but first they said their goodbyes. "Have a safe trip to your destination!" Starfire waved at the two as they opened the doors to the car. "Don't stay too long, or we might just have a party." Beast Boy joked, running back inside to his games. Cyborg walked up to the driver side, and eyed Robin. "Don't you dare get a scratch on my baby's body. Rae and I worked hard fixing it the first time." He smiled towards Raven, who had begun reading. "Don't worry, Cy. I'll take good care of her." Robin put the key in the ignition, and watched Cyborg back up. He put his foot to the peddle, and started to drive. "It'll take at least 3 hours to get there, so we'll be there at 3, most likely." He looked over to Raven, who was reading some old book. Raven put the book down, nodding. "So, by any chance , do you want to talk about your power malfunction?" Robin spoke slowly, hoping for her to tell him. She let her gaze wander to the window, and stared at the blue clouds. Robin decided not to push her, seeing as now was not the time. For an hour, they sat in silence. It was a comfortable silence, though. After a while, Robin decided to tell her about the manor. "The manor is a pretty nice place. Bruce will probably keep us in separate rooms, most likely. It's kind of dark, but welcoming. Tim is gonna be there, Bruce's new Robin. He's about 14. (A/N I know that that's not Tim's real age, but bear with me.) He's a little flirty, as you'll soon find out. There's a garden in the back, perfect for meditating. I'm sure I can show you around. Bruce may take us down to the Batcave, but I'm not sure." Raven nodded, having finished her book. She hadn't talked the whole ride. "Rae, is something bothering you?" Robin looked into her eyes, seeing her nervousness. "Rae?" Raven clasped her hands in her lap. "I'm just nervous." Robin used his free hand to hold hers. "It's more than that, I can tell." Raven sighed. " What if I have another outburst? " She pulled down her hood. Robin kept his eyes on the road. "You won't." He gave her hand a reassuring squeeze. Raven leaned over and kissed his cheek. She then pushed her seat back, and fell asleep.

Raven woke up to Robin's voice. "We're here." She put her seat up, and stared at the gate in front of her. "Wayne Manor." She read aloud, unbuckling her seatbelt. It sure did look huge. Robin opened his door, walked over to the passenger side, and held her door open. "Thanks." Raven got out, and pulled her hood back over her head. They walked together, Robin leading the way. As they came to the large doors, he turned to Raven. "Are you ready?" He clasped Raven's hand in his, and she stared into his masked eyes. "It's either now or never, right?" He nodded, took a breath, and knocked on the gargantuan doors.