TEN

PRETTY SOON, THE DAY CAME. The day it all went wrong. The day I knew she would be even more off limits. But most importantly, the day that I had lost her forever. Riley endured an excruciating pain today and I didn't even try to save her from it. I could've been the hero but I could barely save the damsel in distress knowing I had some part of her pain. The sequence of events were unbearable and I am sure I will never be able to have her in my arms ever again. And what for? For an asshole I called my best friend who had tried to rape her?

   It started off when I took my motorcycle license test. I went early in the morning at some place in King of Prussia with my mom and Henry Allen. I wouldn't stop pacing in the lobby until they called my name. My mom kissed my head and wished me luck and Allen gave me a hug. I took a deep breath and went with the instructor outside to take the test. Within ten minutes, I had gotten my motorcycle license, finally.

   By this point, Riley and I were an unofficial thing. We'd meet just to see each other, so she can grab my hand and bury her face in my chest, so I could feel her beating heart. I decided to text her so we celebrate. However, the boys and I had plans since it was after the AP exams and I had promised them.

C.T—Let's go for a drive on my bike to celebrate my brand new bike license. Crew'll be around though, but just for a bit xx

R.J— What time? xx

C.T— 6-ish.  Is that fine? xx

R.J— Perfect. I will be there. Meet me at the corner of Bellview and Eagle xx

C.T— I can't wait to be with you :) xx

R.J—Me too! (: xx

   I smiled, thinking about our moments. Seeing her at my house, her sleeping in my arms, and meeting at our corner. It was as if things were finally going my way.

  At six sharp, I was at the corner of Bellview and Eagle, with my new motorcycle—a gift from my mom—and a smile on my face knowing Riley would be coming at any minute. Which, by 6:02, she was in my arms, with a grin of pride. No one, except my mother, looked at me the way Riley Jones did, with a smile of innocence and authenticity. She actually cared about being with me, unlike Frida Jones who only wanted to hook up with me when we were together.

   Riley climbed on behind me, her arms tight around my waist. I revved off and let her whisper in my ear how much she was looking forward to tonight. Tonight I planned on kissing her for the first time to finally start a real relationship with her. There was nothing holding me back from telling the world that I was falling in love with Riley Jones, who was, in fact, my two ex-girlfriends' little sister.

   She looked gorgeous. Riley was wearing a navy blue A-line dress that hugged her chest in a way that drove me wild with lust. It ended about mid-thigh which showed off her perfect legs. She had on a pair of short heeled boots that were cute for spring. Over the dress, she had on a pull-over made from yarn. On her neck, she wore the necklace I had given her just weeks ago.

   I admired her from my rearview. The way she held me, so tight that I felt the blood rushing through my veins full of lust. My heart was accelerating as fast as my motorcycle was through the streets of Radnor Township. At one point, I was laughing so hard from smiling so hard. Riley laughed as well, as our laughter was contagious to one another alone.

   We met the boys at King of Prussia Road. Eddie was sitting on the hood of his car with a cigarette burning in his mouth. Rickey and Ray were bickering beside him and Adam was drinking a bottle of what appeared to be water. I helped Riley out of the bike and pulled her beside me. "Hey guys." I greeted, smiling.