Chapter Thirty - Hostile Takeover

I know I know, real late - Sorry - Please Vote to help get rank back up to top 15.

Lilly sat on top of the snow covered building everyone called the operation building.  A fairly large caravan of various vehicles from SUV’s to cars and a handful of trucks approached the outer limits of her vision.  It had just snowed earlier that day so the ground was covered with a few inches of fresh powder.  She admired as the powder poofed up into light clouds as the vehicles passed through the lightly covered roads.

Another week had passed since Emilia’s mysterious suicide in the weapon warehouse two miles from the operation building.  Lilly’s jobs had gone from bad to gruesome.  She’s since killed another two dozen top American officials, a few with her fangs.  Along with the American officials she’s tracked down and murdered many deserters and betrayers of the Russian government.  Her bloody rage has gone from Argentina to Canada, Switzerland to the Philippians.  She had been forced into even some of the most obscure countries, peaceful Australia, North Korea, India, Finland and South Africa just to name a few.   Her ghouls lingered everywhere around the world and did what they pleased.  She ignored and refused to acknowledge to damage they caused, she just didn’t care and didn’t have time to care.

But today there was no list of missions. No list of names to remove from this world.  Something was amiss.  There must have been at least twenty vehicles in the incoming caravan, something she wasn’t told about—though she didn’t expect to be told about anything.  She was after all just the puppet of whoever controlled who, what did they actually care about her?  Once the caravan got close enough Lilly noticed one of the men in the sixth car. 

The man wasn’t by memory but rather description, so not someone she actually saw.  His darkened skin and the aged scare buried in his left eyebrow were unmistakable.  Sir Kelton.  Lilly tightened her fingers on the icy ledge, causing her knuckles to turn red.  She didn’t have much on, a light black coat and hood with her lower body tempature she found herself to be quite a bit more resilient to the weather.  Her biggest danger out here was the sunlight and its bright reflection off the snow.

  She watched the car for a few more seconds before making deciding to jump.  Light flakes of snow fluttered around the rooftop as she vanished, some even following her into darkness and right back out in the back-end of the black car.  No one was in back as the white flakes hit the leather and melted on contact.  There was only the driver and the passenger—Sir Kelton in the car, “Hello.” She whispered from the empty back seat.  She wondered if the man knew English or if he was like most of the people that worked at the operation building—Russian only.  The driver instantly began to turn around at the voice in the back seat.

“Keep your eyes on the road.”  The passenger next to him ordered the driver. The driver’s face snapped forward obeying the order.  So he did speak English. “I’ll take care of this.”  Sir Kelton reassured the driver who inched closer to the front gates of the operation building. 

“I would have thought you would be half way around the world by now trying to keep yourself hidden from me.  Those who keep me under leash seem to have misfortunate, events happen to their friends and family.”  Lilly smiled at the back of the head of the passenger—who now turned around.

Kelton’s scar over his eyebrow was larger up close.  “Now, that would do no good if you already know who I am now would it.”  Sir Kelton responded, so he knew she already knew about him.  His darkened skin tone proved he didn’t match in with the rest of the Russians.  Lilly took note that the driver also had the same skin—were there no Russians in this caravan?

Lilly licked her lips and inched closer to Kelton’s face, “So true.”  She tilted her head and rested it on the top end of the back of his chair next to the headrest. She looked at his neck and asked while brushing a finger across his throat, “What-cha doing?”