gєnjí х fєm! rєαdєr.

Drinking up the clouds
it spews out cherry blossoms –
Yoshino Mountain.

Wind blows
they scatter and it dies
fallen petals

Petals falling
unable to resist
the moonlight

Sakura, sakura
they fall in the dreams
of sleeping beauty

-Yosa Buson. 

Drinking in the delightful colour of rosy pink, you gently closed your eyes in contemplation, lips parted to admire the fresh air by inhaling. Unaware of anything else at that moment, you gripped your [W/C] and felt the delightful tingle of cold air hit upon your skin. 

"Admiring Hanamura, Ms. [L/N]?" You shot your eyes open in surprised shock, swivelling on your heel to face the cyborg ninja.

You knew who he was before he became a metallic being. He was Genji Shimada, and he often would binge on Ramen and play video games in the arcade close to his home, dying his hair a painfully bright neon green. His more older and more stoic brother, Hanzo, was the father latter, often scolding Genji and protecting him from any harm when Genji was more naive and less painstakingly aware that he was not strong enough to take on 3 buff men at the arcade. Of course, after the incident, he was now more known as Genji, and preferred to be called that without his surname. You supposed that he was just more well known without the clan being his demonic shadow. 

You also supposed that you fell in love with him. 

Initially, it was a platonic matter. You were friends when you joined overwatch for the first time, fascinated on how he was barely alive when the 'friendly' doctor had saved him from painful wounds that, in Genji's words, "felt like a swimming in a pool of kool-aid".  Besides from his masked face, everything else was artificial and made up of synthetic rubber that represented the powerful muscles that would flex each time he moved to scale speedily on any wall or platform. Of course you would also notice how the three cylinders would hiss when he moved his arms, and how when he would regain his shurikens  it practically ejects from his body. You're not sure how he could infinitely keep those there, but who knows. Other than that, you had the undeniable desire to feel the fingers that would move in it's idle position around his wakazashi and create a vice grip that allowed him to stab anyone at increasingly fast speeds. In all honesty, you wanted to feel his real skin too, if only-

You felt a cold hand touch your shoulder.

"Genji!" You slapped him on the chest, where the two metal plates interacted with each other to form the torso. It moved and vibrated as he let out a deep chuckle. 

"You spaced out, again! Ms. [L/N], if I had to be honest, I'm not sure if Cherry Blossoms are that beautiful for one to suddenly look like their soul was stolen from them." You furrowed your eyebrows and huffed, glancing back at the centre garden that contained several different flowers of kind.

"Was that here before?" Genji shrugged, moving to stand next to you. 

"Never. Perhaps they decided to add this to..Make the Clan's home look more..Less depressing." He sighed at his own joke. 

The garden had grass that was trimmed beautifully, forming a blanket for the delicate flowers to rest upon it naturally, the smell of jasmine wafted gracefully into your nostrils, instantly drawing you to go closer to the groups of flowers. Crouching down, you faced the few roses that hid shyly behind the cut bushes that formed a vague figure of a dragon. You felt a presence next to you once again, where they sat down and pressed to fingers on their chest, legs crossed.

"..What are you doing, Genji?" He laughed, a cheerful tone emitting from his throat. You supposed that his eyes were glimmering beautifully with harmony.  

"Meditating. My master always told me to do so when I feel calm and at peace. Like right now." You rolled your eyes, shoving him with playful intent as he grunted with acted dismay and landed on the lush grass with a hand on his chest.

"Ms. [L/N] You-You have killed me! I have fallen to your cruel plans once again ack-" He faked a choking sound and relaxed a hand. 

"You can call me [F/N], you know." He sat up, responding in a lax tone.

"Alright..[F/N]. I'm a gentleman you see, I never speak of a ladies-"

"You can stop now Genji." He sighed in relief, twisting his head to look at the cherry blossoms. 

"Arigato, [F/N]. My excuses are really poor.." You tilt your head, stretching your arms to toy with the streak of fabric that began at the back of his head. 

"Then what are you hiding, Genji, the ultimate cyborg ninja?" He shook his head frantically as you successfully tied the fabric into a ribbon. Pursing your lips to cover the loud snicker that quickly emit, it turned into a small snort and was waved over with laughter. Quickly, he moved to poorly touch the back of his head, unable to untie the knot with his fingertips. After dying down the laughter into tears, you wiped them quickly and sighed with satisfaction as he slumped his shoulder in a sign of defeat.

"Alright [Y/N], you'll help me untie this afterwards, right?" You hesitated to respond. 

"Ma-aybe." You hummed, realising that your head was within hands reach to his glowing face. Feeling the breeze follow once again, the petals on the pink speckled trees gracefully glided down, as if it had slowed down time, you closed your eyes and calmed your once gasping breaths as the laughter you had endured was too much for your lungs to handle. Quickly avoiding the hand that reached for his face, hearing a familiar hissing sound had enough pressure to blow lightly on the loose strands of your [H/C] coloured hair. 

"Genji-" 

You did not expect so many scars. They were long streaks of darker peach, unlike the pale skin that he has. His eyes seemed like dark, shimmering orbs as the plate on his forehead casted a shadow that made it seem like his eyes were not his. Upon a closer look, you leaned to inspect his eyes. You were correct, his eyes were his own, and it had a shade of dark brown that made it look like he was staring straight down at you without the iris expanding. 

You supposed the iris did expand, but you weren't sure. 

"Yes, [Y/N]?" He merely grinned, baring the white teeth that he had. His lips were slender and there was a small scar that ran from the top to the bottom lip. 

You supposed they looked soft, and kissable. 

"Why did you.." He gazed up at the falling petals.

"It was about time, besides," He took your hands and snaked his other arm around your waist. "I wanted to see the petals with my own eyes. Truly. And with you, [Y/N]." 

You supposed warmth spread across your cheeks and nose as you felt his steady hand press against your skin, it felt warm, perhaps an illusion that your clothing had created. 

You felt warmth bloom on your lips, followed by soft groans that emitted from the both of us.

You supposed you both had declared your love for each other with muted words, and the cherry blossoms thin branches danced under the soft breeze. 

----

the first x reader. Comment/Privately message me for a request. Refer to the first chapter for the formatting and options.

|i also do private commissions (for free because i love writing) for any piece of writing. the maximum words that I will write is 1500. minimum is 900. my discord user is: MasakiYugen#7065. or use wattpad. please explain your commission. {first come first serve basis, you will be in queue.| I will only take 10 people for now uwu. 

w h a t  w ou l d y ou l ik e n e x t?