"My ass!" Isabel couldn't take it anymore and stood up, marching directly over to grab Davina by her shoulders, pull her up and shake as if to right the position of her brain.

"This relationship is 'serious' enough with her treating you like a chew toy; don't you dare promise any commitment to that monster, I don't care how pitiful she is and you---!"

"I told her that I was in love with you."

"What?"

Isabel froze, her hands still gripping Davina's shoulders and Davina stared deep into her golden orbs with her black ones, a helpless smile tugging at the corner of her mouth.

"Sophie and I have had this relationship for eight years Izzy and in those years I've found that under that unfeeling and cold exterior is one of the most amazing people this world could ever have. To say that I feel nothing for her would be a lie but it's precisely because I care for her that I don't want to tie her down with this fruitless relationship.

"A woman and woman, what could we ever achieve? Me, I'm not going anywhere fast but Sophie's possibilities are endless. You don't know this, but the people that raised her aren't Sophie's biological parents; her real father is Kane Bloom, the owner of the Blue Pearl Hotel chain and Sophie was the result of a one night stand with one of the maids who died while giving birth. She was raised by her mother's sister and her husband under their last name.

"Recently, there's been some kind of inheritance struggle in the Blue Empire and her father came to find her, he wants her to take his place as the next chairman, but because she wants to stay close to me, she's refusing a life changing chance. Izzy, I can't make her lose out on this."

Davina's tears were falling like rain now and Isabel didn't know what to say. She was stunned beyond return and her mind was reeling from all this new information. Davina and Sophie's relationship, Sophie's identity and... Davina's feelings for her?

"Davi," Isabel hesitated for a moment but still eventually asked. "You're in love with me?"

"What? No, don't be silly. I could never fall in love with a brat like you, who are you kidding?"

Isabel was so relieved to hear those words that her legs almost gave out. If Davina was really in love with her, she didn't know what she would do.

"So why did you---?"

"It was obviously a lie." Davina rolled her still watery eyes. "Seriously, where does your IQ go at times like these?"

Isabel rubbed her nose sheepishly, she would also like to know the answer to that question.

"She's been asking me to move in with her for years, and honestly I was wearing thin on resisting and was planning to accept, but then Kane Bloom came knocking on our door." Davina closed her eyes and took a shaky breath.

"Before we left for D City, she gave me a key and told me it was the spare to her new apartment, to come look for her once I came back, but I didn't take it. After years of chasing after somebody with no result, anyone would go crazy... it was the first time I saw her so angry."

Davina pulled her arms up to wrap around herself.

"She demanded a reason why, she wanted to know why I kept on refusing her even though we've obviously been together for so long and the only reason I could think of was you. I said that I was in love with you and that no matter who I gave my body to, my heart would always be with you, so moving in with her wouldn't make any sense so she should just give up on me."

Isabel was speechless, she couldn't refute to what Davina said because somehow, she could understand; being so deeply in love with someone that you would do something ridiculously stupid that could possibly compromise your own happiness. Isabel had done it countless times for Brycen when she was younger; giving up her tuition money, leaving behind her family, she was even dumber than Davina.