Chapter 3

For a while, Brycen could only stare at Isabel's challenging smile, but he soon took back the divorce documents he was holding out, tucking them under his arm and put on a placid expression.

"Fine."

If she wanted to get divorced, then he would go along with her little game and get divorced, he wouldn't lose anything from it.

To begin with, Brycen had only married Isabel because of a sense of responsibility and he believed it was what he owed her. Regardless of whether he liked it or not, the fact was that she had stayed with him for years, supported and aided him through his most difficult time. However, that debt he owed her had nothing to do with affection.

He gave the woman what she wanted and made her his wife, yet she still had the audacity to seduce him into bed. Whenever he thought back to that night, Brycen would feel his head burn with indignation

His eyes flashed maliciously.

He couldn't wait to see the look on Isabel's face when she finally realizes that her little scheme fell through and she was left with nothing. He, Brycen Jaeger, wasn't a man that any woman could twist around their finger.

"Then, I'll trouble you to show yourself out, I'm tired."

The instant she said the words, the atmosphere around Isabel instantly went from challenging and playful to lazy and she directly rolled over on the bed with her back facing Brycen and her dress rolled up to show the soft curve of her lower butt.

Glimpsing at the view, Brycen's Adam's apple bobbed then he snorted scornfully before leaving, not forgetting to slam the door on his way.

With her head nestled in the curve of her elbow, Isabel smiled dejectedly at the wall then shook her head.

She had known Brycen since she was sixteen years old; she knew what he was like: arrogant, narcissistic and self-absorbed. It was precisely that aristocratic-like, noble feeling that drew her young and naïve self to him.

He was the kind who would overlook the most basic details because he believed those things were obvious. Why should he bother to study things that others had definitely already done for him? He thought like that, like a noble with his many servants ready to run their selves to the bone for him; Isabel was an example of one such 'servant' and- if she were to say- was probably one of the most selfless ones. She was definitely the most obsessed.

But, if there was one thing that Isabel learned from being obsessed with Brycen for a lifetime, it was that once a person spent enough time with him, (in his good graces) that person would become very much like Brycen; just as conceited, arrogant and short sighted.

Isabel suddenly felt her head ache and she laughed self-depreciatingly.

Even if she made the dicision to let him go, she had still loved the man for twenty-two years, including her past life. t still hurt to think of him with someone else. However, she knew that time was the best healer.

"Now that I'm waking up I feel the blow, but at least now I know it wasn't love. It was just a perfect illusion."

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Two days later, Isabel was discharged from the hospital. She didn't have any major injuries or health complications and although she would have loved to continue staying at the hospital where there were nurses to wait on her hand and foot, she had work.

In the middle of packing her stuff, for the second time since she had been staying in the room, the door was thrown open violently and two little figures came rushing in.