Chapter 26 (Edited)

WARNING! The following holds content that may be disturbing to some audiences. Viewer discretion is advised.

"You're not coming up with me?"

"No way." Davina shook her head. "Boss is even more overprotective than you are; if he sees me like this we'll never hear the end of it. I'll just head to the dorm and relax, come find me when you're done."

"Alrighty then."

At Sunshine Entertainment's underground parking lot, Isabel stood and watched as Davina swiped her employee card to open the basement door then went inside. Only when the door closed behind her did Isabel turn around and enter the elevator, heading straight to the third floor.

It was around noon when the two left Rickson but the traffic in Metropolis' south-east on a weekend was not to be underestimated.

After being stuck in a line up for almost two whole hours, the initially stiff atmosphere that still lingered between the two since entering the car had been blasted away by countless songs sung in terrible pitch and much tom-foolery that made the two laugh themselves to tears.

Isabel was glad of course that Davina was cheered up and was even willing to joke about whatever it was that caused those bruises to appear on her skin, bust she definitely did not find it funny. It wasn't a laughing matter a'tall.

Arriving at the third floor, Isabel punched in the password and the doors slid open.

Stepping out of the elevator and feeling the familiar air of a place close to her heart, Isabel subconsciously relaxed, tossing her handbag to a side on the floor then kicked off her heels while calling out: "Sonny, I'm back~!"

She trudged into the living room/office where Mason was sitting behind his desk discussing something with Sophie who was perched on the edge of the table in a black dress that could only be called 'sexy'.

The dress wasn't short, in fact it could be considered long as it reached all the way down to her mid-calf. The dress wasn't form fitting and the back had a low V line that showed off the enticing form of her scapula as her red hair was draped over her shoulder to fall on her chest, while the front of the dress had a high and modest neckline. However, on the skirt of the dress was a high side split-- this split could be considered Sophie's trademark—and with that single ambiguous split that showed off her legs, it caused the entire atmosphere of the originally modest dress to turn devilish and dangerously tempting.

Apart from her poisonous tongue and cold façade, this ability to influence the atmosphere of the clothes she wore was another reason that Sophie had gained the name 'Red Witch' from Sunshine members.

It wasn't just one or two men who had fallen hard for Sophie's charm and even women, people with power an status, but Isabel could never remember Sophie ever being in a relationship with anybody for as long as she had known her. She thought it was a bit unfortunate.

Groaning, Isabel let herself fall face first into the soft couch then sighed in content while snuggling one of the small pillows on the chair. She could feel her muscles relaxing by the second.

Isabel was exhausted, physically and emotionally. Her day so far had been one heck of a roller coaster ride.

She had woken up and gone to the hospital in high spirits to check on Kelvin only to have her mood ruined when Brycen showed up. Her mood then improved after chatting with Uncle Sam when she met him and cuddling Zac and her own kids, but then it dove again when she discovered those marks on Davina.

As for being physically exhausted, she was caught in a traffic jam for almost two hours, alright. Even if it was fun messing around with her best friend, it was still tiring.