"What- what happened to you?"

"Get out, get out! Don't look at me! Go away!" Davina cried while hiding her face.

No, no, no! God no!

She had never wanted Isabel to see her like this, for this disgusting side of her to be seen by this girl whose heart was so pure and kind. She never wanted those golden eyes to look at her like she was something disgusting, to look at her with ridicule.

At that moment in Davina's mind, that incident from her childhood and the current one overlapped and even though she didn't dare to look up at Isabel right now, she could already sense her repulsion.

"Eww, you were gay this whole time?"

"There is no way I'm ever sharing a room with her again."

"I can't believe that I was actually friends with you for so long, stay away from me you freak."

No, no, no! Not again, was she going to lose her best friend like this again?

*Pa!*

The sound of skin against skin rang loudly in the bathroom's small space and the smarting heat in her cheek told Davina that she had just been slapped.

"Look at me dammit!" Isabel was furious. "What the hell is 'don't look at you'? What the hell is 'go away'? What the hell are you thinking about right now? Who do you think I am?!"

In a daze, Davina slowly lifted her hand to touch her stinging cheek and she faced Isabel's livid expression. That person was also angry that time, but Isabel's anger was different; unlike that person she couldn't feel any hate or disgust from Isabel, only deep worry.

"Davi, what happened? Who did this to you?"

Isabel was absolutely incensed. She couldn't think of anyone who would do it, but the fact was that her best friend had been attacked inside of her dorm room in their own company; she wanted to immediately head out to check the surveillance cameras to catch the son-of-a-bitch, but seeing the lost look in the teary eyes of the woman in front of her, Isabel could only rein in her anger to coax Davina gently until she calmed down.

"It's alright Davi; I'm here, it's okay."

Feeling the warmth wrapping around her and circles being rubbed on her back in that same gentle way, Davina completely broke down and began to bawl like a baby.

"Izzy," Davina reached out to grip tightly unto Isabel's shirt and she buried her face in her chest. "Don't hate me. Please don't hate me, please..."

Isabel didn't know what Davina was thinking about or how she was feeling right now, but those trembling shoulders and sobs against her chest were like a searing iron to her heart. She held her friend tightly as she sat on the floor with her and gently rocked her back and forth.

"Davi, what happened? I know that you're scared, but please trust me alright. Please tell me what's going on with you."

Although she could find out even without Davina telling her, seeing her friend's emotional state, Isabel felt that it would be best to hear it from the person herself.

"You know that you can tell me anything right?"

Lying against Isabel's chest, Davina could hear the gentle and steady beating and she managed to calm down just a little bit.

What was she thinking? Izzy wasn't like those people; she wasn't friends with her because of what she could get from her, but was genuinely her friend. However, it was also because of that why Davina was terrified.