Chapter One - The Past Still Haunts My Present.

Leila's POV

I still remember that first day of high school even the day before high school. Louis and me were so excited to be finally entering high school. The one thing we were afraid of was not fitting in with everyone else, well the only thing I was afraid of. We promised each other we will never leave each other no matter what. 

*Flashback - Day Before High School*

"Louis what if we don't make it in high school." he just laughed and continued looking for school supplies. "I'm being serious! We might just be losers."

"Leila Marlyn Tomlinson! Just listen to yourself." I just kept staring at him. "We'll make it in high school. Don't you worry, and even if we don't we have to stick together." I loved my older brother, he was always so nice.

"I still can't believe my younger sister is starting high school with me. Skipping a grade must have been nerve racking huh? Just leaving your friends like that."  I tried not to think about that because I will be leaving my friends alone.

"Well I guess you could say that, but we are still sticking together if everything goes wrong right?"

"Leila nothing will go wrong. I promise I'll be here to protect you. Always. We'll both make friends anyway, we're to good looking." I laughed at his comment, maybe high school won't be so bad.

*End of Flashback*

If only Louis have kept his promise I wouldn't have been so lonely, especially right now in the first day of junior year. 

*Flashback - First Day of High school*

"Louis what are you classes?" I asked while I looked over his shoulder to see them.

"Algebra, IB Biology, History, Gym, English, and Drama. How about you?" 

"Um. IB Biology, Gym, Honors English, Algebra II, Honors History, and Drama. We only have Drama together." he smiled and hugged me.

"Listen Leila I know you miss your friends, but you have to promise me you'll try to make new ones. During lunch come and find me, we'll eat together." he kissed my forehead and headed towards his first class. Who knew today was going to be the loneliest I have ever been.

*End of Flashback*

Leila's POV

Today was just the start of another lonely year. The first day of high school as a junior and the worst thing is that my old friends never accepted me again after I skipped a grade. I have one friend his name is Michael. Promise kept Louis, but compared to you I didn't achieve much. I looked at myself in the mirror today I decided to wear my hot pink shirt, some jeggings, and my sandals. I went to get my backpack, it was a Coach backpack, I didn't like that Louis spent so much money to get me this backpack. I looked in the mirror, did a fishtail braid and went downstairs. I went down stairs to find Louis sitting down and my mom making us breakfast. Louis turned around and smiled when he saw me.

"Good morning my beautiful sister." He came up to me and hugged me.

"Good morning Lou." I sat down and my mom placed a plate of pancakes in front of me and my brother.

"Are you excited for school Leila?" my mom asked.

"Not really mom." Louis looked over at me and gave me a confused look.

"Why Leila I thought you were excited to go back to your friends." I never told my mom what really happened with my friends. 

"Well I am, just nerves that's all."

"Don't worry sis. We'll stick together right." He finished his pancakes and I heard a honk from outside.

"That's my ride." Lou said as he gathered his things.