Chapter 2: how it started

(Abby's POV)

Riding to school on my lemon penny board with my best friend, Kyle is one of my favorite things. Kyle has been my friend since freshman year. Being a sophomore is way better though. Me and my forever friend, Lizzie are goofballs and got ourselves into reputations no one can forget.

Lizzie, Kyle and I are the schools biggest troublemakers. One time, we covered our home room in whipped cream. None of us are virgins either. I lost mine last year, to a boy named Sam Pottorff who dumped me only weeks later.

Kyle taught me how to penny board last year so I would fit in with people.

Kyle and I usually get to school minutes before the bell. Today, we got here super early.

Right now, I was at my locker, staring across the hall. Across the hall, kian lawley stood laughing at something Ethan Limber said. Ethan was a douche bag, but kian didn't really have a group.

Lizzie walked up and slammed my locker shut.

"Yo."

I stuck my tongue out at her.

"Alright schwab." She answered with a smile.

"Yeah. How you doin?"

"Ugh. Don't even start with that crap. Everything's the same. My mom still cries at night, my dad doesn't know what to do with his life, and I'm dying inside." Her sister committed suicide 4 months ago. She had cut every day since.

I always felt bad for her, even though she told me not to.

"I gotta get to class. Bye schwab."

I nodded and grabbed my stuff for first period.

As I turned around, the popular girls walked around the hall. I tripped over one of them.

"Watch it, looser." Kelli said. She was the leader of the six of them.

They walked away before I could answer.

I looked up to see a hand trying to help me. "Are you okay?" He asked. I realized it was kian.

"Yeah I'm okay." He picked me up and smiled into my eyes.

"You look famillar. Do I know you?" He asked.

"Um... I'm kinda known throughout the school. I'm sure you do. My names Abby."

"I-I'm kian."

"I know who you are."

"Oh? That's surprising."

"Why? You're kinda popular."

"Not really." He said. "Anyway, see ya around. Bye"

I smiled and waved, fixing my beanie had and my plaid long sleeved shirt.

I could already tell that this was gunna be a good day.