Already Gone

Remember all the things we wanted
Now all the memories they're haunted
We were always meant to say goodbye
Even with our face held high
It never would have worked out right
We were never meant for do or die

Things were going fine for them, they had been together since they were fifteen. They were happy and they were in love, that was until ten years later. The memories they made felt like they didn't exist. All they would do is fight but they made up in the end, but it still didn't make it okay.

As much as they wanted to be eachothers soulmates, Regina knew better. They weren't. They were just eachothers stepping stone to who they were really supposed to be with and as much as they wanted it to be eachother. It wasn't.

I didn't want us to burn out, I
I didn't come here to hurt you, now I can't stop

Regina had tried so hard for them to work, she saw the happiness and the love that Emma held for her but she knew they wouldn't work out in the long run. She didn't want to hurt Emma, but these things always hurt. Especially because they had been together for so long and because they were still in love.

I want you to know
It doesn't matter
Where we take this road
But someone's gotta go
And I want you to know
You couldn't have loved me better
But I want you to move on
So I'm already gone

"Regina?" Emma called out as she entered their home. "I got you a salad and root beer from Granny's."

Emma walked down the hallway, taking in the quietness. Unusual. Regina would always welcome her home with a kiss and a hug.

As she walked into the kitchen, she was greeted by a note instead. She placed the salad and drink down on the kitchen table before she grabbed the note and read it.

Emma,

I love you, I love you so much and that's why I have to do this. We can try all we want to make things work but at the end of the day...We're not good for eachother. Just because we're in love doesn't mean we should be together. You deserve better and so do I. You were my first love and you loved me so good. You made me feel things I never thought I would feel and I thank you for that...But it's over. I don't want to see you cry or see the pain in your eyes so I'm already gone. I won't tell you where I've gone because I don't want you coming after me. I want you to move on and be happy with someone else. That's what you deserve.

Love you always, Regina x

Looking at you makes it harder
But I know that you'll find another
Doesn't always make you want to cry
It started with the perfect kiss then
We could feel the poison set in
Perfect couldn't keep this love alive

Emma screwed the piece of paper up as the tears filled her eyes. This must be a cruel prank. She ran out of the kitchen and up the stairs and into their bedroom. She opened the closet door and she felt her heart break as she saw all of Regina's clothes gone. Except for one blue button up shirt.

The first shirt Emma had stolen from her.

Anger replaced her saddness and so she grabbed the picture of her and Regina that was on the make up table and threw it against the wall, flinching slightly as the glass broke.

"I hate you." She cried.

Deep down, she knew Regina was right though. It had started off like a fairytale. It was smiles and laughs until one day everything just changed and it felt like they were both suffocating even though they felt like they were happy and in love. They were both weak, unable to free themselves. Until now.

Know that I love you so
I love you enough to let you go

It doesn't make you weak if you show your unhappiness, it doesn't make you weak if you leave. It takes so much strength. Especially if you love someone and if you truely love them but know you're not right for eachother then that takes incredible strength.

Maybe one day in the future Emma and Regina can change and be together again. Even if it's for a short time, but until then they're better off seperated, and with Regina being already gone and not dealing with talks that would make them stay together, they can both move on.

A/N: For EvilRegal10lp! Stop complaining now 😂😂😂 Love ya really bitch

Thanks for reading and voting everyone!