We unloaded everything into the rig and we were on the road again. It seemed to me that Xavier was driving a whole lot slower than when he drove to the store. He took another route too, and this way was longer. Usually I wouldn’t give a shit but man, I had to pee. And it wouldn’t do to head for the bushes to relieve myself while I was in uniform. I was too busy thinking of bone dry deserts and  I wasn’t paying attention to the whispered conversation going on between Xavier in the front and Robbie who had his head ducked through the partition.

 It took another whopping twenty minutes to get to the station house when the drive itself should have only taken fifteen minutes tops. Whatever, the rig barely rolled to a stop before I jumped out grabbed to armfuls of groceries and took off for the kitchen with Xavier hollering my name behind me, but I just shouted, “Gotta take a leak.” And continued on my way. I put the bags in the huge butcher’s block in the middle of the room and jogged my way over and up the stairs.

  As I reached the top of the stairs, I heard grunting and the unmistakable sound of flesh slapping against flesh. The spasming of my bladder ceased to a complete stop and my heart froze in my chest. My feet carried me closer to the source of the noise and I peeked around the corner and into the sleep room and, Oh my sweet baby Jesus, my little gay boy threw his pom poms up in the air and braced a hand over his heart and the other over his forehead and swooned dead away. I gasped as my eyes traveled from one writhing figure to the other. This was the stuff of gay porn, Danny had Shaun bent over on the cot and he was pounding relentlessly into his ass as Dave stood behind with his head thrown back, and his hands on Shaun’s hips urging the man to bounce off his cock.

 I stood there rooted to the spot, my mind blank until Danny huffed out that they needed to hurry up because Xavier already texted them that we were on the way home, and that’s when the bubble popped in my head. I felt a wave of nausea engulf me as I stumbled away from the door, I swung around with all intentions to get the hell out of the station house, but I slammed right into a broad muscled chest. I raised my shocked gaze to see Xavier standing there, shame and embarrassment filled every pore in my body. All the innuendos, the staring, and double meanings of what they said and did during the few days I have been here finally made sense. They all must have had a good laugh on the young naive gay rookie, when I obviously didn’t have a clue as to what they were talking about.  It cut like a knife deep inside when I thought that they were actually going to be like brothers to me, and now this. Here I thought I was fitting in, when all the while...I just couldn’t even think about it. I pushed Xavier out of the way and stormed down the stairs and ran past the concerned faces of the other guys.

 I didn’t have a clue as to where I was going and without my truck keys or anything I just ran.  My feet carried me at a fast as they could through the neighborhood, and I came up to a park before I slowed down.  I walked what looked like a solitary trail until I came to up some picnic benches off the path and against the trees.I climbed up on the bench and planted my ass on the table top. I felt so stupid, I ran through every word and every action of the men since setting foot in the station, and even the chief’s warning about them hazing me made me feel like a dumb ass.

 How I was I going to face anybody there, did they all fuck each other? How was I supposed to fit in? All I ever wanted was to live up to being the hero I had always dreamt to be, I never expected anything like this, and I guess that’s why it’s hit me so hard. That and the fact that everyone knew about everyone else and I was the odd one out, no one thought to confide in me. They all teased me about it but I was too into the clouds to get what the Hell it was they were really saying. I hung my head with my hands dangling over my knees and just sat there.

 Afternoon turned into evening and evening was fast turning into late evening, the sun was beginning to go down, and I figured I was going to have to go back at some point. I heaved myself off the table and slowly trudged my way back up the trail and out of the park. I had to catch my bearings before I realised exactly where I was before making my way back to the station house. I wondered if I was going to be fired for abandoning my post or for seeing something that I shouldn’t have. There was only one way to find out as I stopped just outside of the garage bay, I took a deep breath and swiped my ID badge to get in.