Death awaits

"I'm sorry...but there can only be one Italy now..." Feli nodded and walked out of his boss's office. Ever since the unification of Italy, Feli's boss has been deciding wether or not to let one of the brothers go. He decided, and Feli volunteered without his brother knowing of course.

'How am I going to tell Lovi?', he thought to himself, '...or Luciano...Flavio...Kiku...Liz, Ludwig, Roderich!' Tears started falling and soon he was fully sobbing. Only a few hours...and he'd be nothing. He quickly dried his tears and ran home. He started to plan out what he would say to them...but as he did more tears fell.

Eventually he got home. He stopped on the porch and leaned his head against the door. He was about to leave everyone...his brothers...his best friends...his friends...his husband...everyone...

He thought about the time when he and Luciano got married. Lovino was glaring at him while Flavio was holding him down. Kiku was his best man and couldn't take pictures but Liz was. He thought about the time when he was a kid with Roderich and Liz. They were practically his parents. He didn't want to leave them...but he also didn't want his brother to die.

Finally Feli opened the door and walked in to find Lovi and Luci fighting again.

"Goddammit knife bastard! I coulda been killed!"

"So? It's your fault you nearly walked into my target."

"THERE IS NO FUCKING KNIFE THROWING IN THE HOUSE BASTARD!"

"Here. Why don't you take this knife and shove it y-" Feli cleared his throat and the two stopped fighting. Lovi sighed and glared at Luci. Luci merely smiled and went over to hug his husband.

"Can't you two go one day without fighting...?" Feli was already starting to feel weak but he ignored it and leaned against Luciano.

"If we did," Luciano said, "I would most likely kill more people than I already do and Lovi would never shut the hell up." Lovi rolled his eyes and say down on the couch, crossing his arms like an angry child. Feli was starting to feel a sharp pain in his stomach. '...a knife' he thought to himself, '...one of Luci's knives...' It was starting to get harder to breathe.

"Hey...Feli...you okay...?", Lovi said. Feli was struggling to breathe. He looked up to see Luci more angry than worried. Feli smiled.

'He must be wondering who could've done this to me. he's probably planning how to kill them...' Suddenly a he felt his insides tearing and he fell to his knees and clutched his stomach. Luciano and Lovino were at his side in an instant.

"N-No..." Feli mumbled,still struggling to breathe, "Not yet...not...y-yet..." He started coughing after a couple coughs he began to cough up blood. His vision was getting blurry, but his hearing was fine.

"Wh-What the hell?! H-He just coughed up blood!! WHAT THE HELL?!"

"Lovino calm the fuck down!" Feli could feel himself burning. He had to say something now.

"M...Mi dispiace..." , every word hurt him to say, "Lovino.....there could only....be one of us..." , he could feel himself fading, "S-So I...volunteered....so you could...live..." Lovino was in tears now and Luciano was biting his lip to keep from tearing up.

"I-Idiot brother..." Feli just smiled and say up slightly. He then looped his arms around both their necks. Everything he did burned. Every breath, every blink, every little movement hurt like hell.

"Feli...if you are going to die on me you should at least have the decency to give me one last kiss." Feli turned to Luci and kissed him softly then pulled away, leaving a little blood on him.

"You...two idiots...better not...kill each other...when I'm gone..." Everything was burning. He couldn't wait for sweet...blissful death...

"Fratellino...", Lovi sniffed,"we pinkie promise..." Feli smiled slightly and attempted to pull the two closer.

"Ti amo...entrambi..." He closed his eyes and hung his head. 'Here we go...', he thought,'...back with Nonno Rome and Holy Roman Empire...I'm going...I'm...going...i'm...gone...'