Chapter 1.

A beautiful red sky hangs over the city of New Mobotropolis indicating the near end of the day and start of a new one. For over five years now the city of New Mobotropolis has lived in peace since the end of the evil and devastating rule of Dr Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik, five years since Sonic the Hedgehog and the rest of the Freedom Fighters brought down the wicked doctor and his lackey Snively once and for all. Although there are some people still out there willing to cause trouble and chaos, such as the Dark Legion and The Destructix, but none of them have succeeded due to the Freedom Fighters efforts.

So, all in all life has been pretty quiet for the Freedom Fighters, and all of this peace has been able to allow most of them to settle down with loved ones, friends and families and even got jobs as well as many other citizens in the city.

As the sun still lingers in the sky, spreading it's warm glow across the city, it casts it's shine over a house that belongs to none other than the two tailed vulpine, Miles Prower or more commonly known to his friends Tails.

Now at the age of 19, Tails has grown the most out of the small group of children that were once the Freedom Fighters. He's now as tall as Sonic, his childish bangs have grown longer so that one of them droops over his left eye and thanks to years of fighting tyrants of different shapes and sizes, he's developed quite a bit of muscle along his arms and legs as well as getting abs and pecs, although due to his growing fur, it has covered most of them up.

His house is small and comfortable. As you go through the front door you're immediately greeted by the living room, which is also connected to the kitchen at the back of the house and a flight of stairs. The living room just has a three person couch, a coffee table directly in front of it and a television on a glass cabinet which holds all Tails' favourite games, movies and his laptop. The upstairs just has Tails' bedroom and the bathroom.

Right now at this time Tails is just having a quiet dinner of pasta and meatballs on his own. Now usually he spends his night with Sonic where they just watch TV, play games, talk or just generally hang out. But tonight, that weren't the case as Sonic was spending the night round Princess Sally's.

While Tails is eating his dinner, he just looks over the blueprints for his Tornado and thinking of ways to improve it. As Tails was about to take another bite of his dinner, a knock at the door interrupts him. Figuring it was Sonic coming to get something he probably left round his he got up to answer the door.

Who Tails saw at the door as he opened it was certainly not the blue blur. It was a puffy, red eyed, upset Mina.

"Hey Tails." Mina said in a scratchy voice. "Is Sonic here?"

"Um.. No he's not sorry Mina" Replied a genuinely concerned Tails. Although looking into her eyes Tails could see that this surely wasn't Mina's day.

"Mina what's wrong?" Tails asked feeling sorry for her. Mina just replied by looking down and shaking her head as to say no but started crying. What happened next startled Tails as she threw herself at him and enveloped him in a hug while crying hysterically onto his shoulder.

Tails brought her a bit more into the house and closed the door as he wrapped his arms around her, with one arm down on her lower back and the other hand stroking her long purple hair and back gently trying to just calm her down.

"Hey, hey, hey. It's alright. It's okay." Tails hushed even though he had no idea what had happened to the normally energetic mongoose.

After several minutes of crying, Mina finally calmed down from hysterics to little sobs. Even though she was still crying at least she had calmed down. "Mina what's wrong?" asked Tails for the second time as he gently led her to the couch for her to sit down on and he hoped that his question wouldn't cause her to cry anymore.