I looked up the slightest and saw Premium Cut rubberbanding Chat's attacks, and held him up by the throat in a choke-hold soon after. 

"CHAT!" I screamed, feeling the warm tears stream down my cheeks as I saw him struggle in the Akuma's grasp.

My eyes widened in horror as the Akumatized victim held Chat over the edge of the bridge they were fighting on while looking over at me with a sly grin. "Whatcha gonna do now, little lady?~" He said all too smoothly as Chat struggled in his grasp. 

Instead of a response, I balled my hands up into a fist, but couldn't find the strength within myself to even stand up, and I regret that.

I felt useless.

I felt defeated. 

I felt as though a part of me was ripped away as I stared in horror.

"Ooooopsie!~ My hand slipped." The Akuma said as he let go of Chat and let the freeing, cold, dark depths of the waves swallow him up. I stood up in horror at what just happened. "CHAT!!!" I screamed as more tears streamed down my face like a waterfall. 

I shot a death glare at the Akuma before quickly throwing yo-yo and tieing him to a nearby lamppost. 

In a few swift yet shaky motions, I looked over the ledge and dived head first into the freezing water below me and held my breath. 

No no no no no. Chat can't be gone! He can't! I said to myself as I felt the hard impact of the waves. Then darkness.

Nothing but the darkness I felt around me and inside me, and I opened my eyes to find that exact darkness. 

I looked over and saw a black and blonde figure floating in the water, slowly sinking and fading into the dark depths below. Chat? 

I swam against the current and to the figure I saw and noticed right away that it was mon minou. 

I wrapped my arm around his torso and swam up to the surface with all my force, my feet kicking and my arms flailing as I struggled against the waves. 

After some moments which felt like forever, I finally broke the surface and swam to the shore next to the docks. 

~~~

"Chat! Chat, please!" I tapped his shoulders to see if he would respond, but sadly, the superhero didn't move. 

"Chat.... wake up! This isn't funny!" I sobbed over him, my tears dripping on his black suit. 

I need to do something. I moved my hands down to his chest and got into the compression position. With a few huffs, I gave a set of 30 compressions and reached down and gave 3 breaths, mouth-to-mouth. 

My arms began to weaken and I collapsed into sobs when he still didn't respond. Not even a little breath. Was he truly gone?

"I never got to tell you that... th-that I l-love you...That I've cared for you from the s-start...." I collapsed onto his chest in defeat, my sobbing becoming worse. 

-

-

"L-Ladybug..." I heard a weak groan followed by a cough and my head darted upwards immediately. 

"Oh my God, Chat!" I trampled him into a hug, burying my face into his chest as he sat up.

"Bugaboo, what's going on?" He asks while wrapping his arms around me in return while looking down at me. 

Oh, how I've longed to see those twinkling green eyes once more. 

"Th-that doesn't matter." I sigh in relief, feeling the warmth return to Chat, and relishing the sound of his steady heartbeat. 

"Just never leave me again," I say, a tear slipping down my cheek once more.

"I promise, M'Lady." He wipes away my tears and brings me into a comforting hug.

-

-

-

"I'll always be here by your side."

Welp, that was semi-angsty... oh whale. Hope ya'll enjoyed the Chapter! Stay tuned! More chapters coming soon!

Stay safe my Cinnamon Rolls!~

Author~Chan