Chapter 9

Cali ran dragging me behind. I heard the slow running feet of Rayden as he pursed but for some reason Cali was faster. I sensed something deep within inside Cali's soul. A strange sort of power, It trickled through her veins bringing strength to her small body, suddenly she stopped and pulled open a closet door and threw me inside. She closed the door behind her and looked at me hard, almost sort of glaring at me, I heard the running feet of Rayden. Cali placed her warm hand over my mouth making my eyes widen in shock, she placed her right index finger on her lips. the signal to be quiet. I heard the deep panting of Rayden.

"Where is she" I heard him call out Cali's name. After a few minutes he moved on, Cali turned to me her eyes like iron.

"He's an Idiot" She spat "He is basically a puppet. A lapdog for the stupid headmaster"

 "Um...Cali?" I mumbled under her hand "You may want to quieten down in case anyone hears you"

"Oh yeah, sorry I just got carried away" She looked down guilty.

I licked her hand causing her to squeal in disgust. "Revenge BooYa!" I shouted, reciting words from the current 'It' film.

Cali rolled her eyes "Really? And I thought I was childish"

"So what's the plan batman?" I said

"Okay... Number 1, I'm not a man. Number 2, We hide from Ray" She said peering out the small window in the door.

"Why?" I asked as she opened the door

Cali sighed "Because if my brother gets his hands on you he will turn you into a puppet... just like him."

I nodded "Okay, Wonderwoman""

Cali rolled her eyes "Stop that now"

"Yes Ma'am" I saluted her.

"I'll be right back" She said leaving the closet. I took the chance to look around the dimly lit room. Boxes were stacked in the oddest of places. On the dusty shelves, on the concrete floor and one was even forced into the air vent. The door opened revealing a flustered Cali. "Come on, time to train" She grabbed my hand again and pulled me out of the closet and through a maze of corridors. I was dragged past staring students and curious adults. Everywhere we went we were followed by murmurs and strange looks. I wanted to run back to the safety of the closet but Cali is strong and persistent. She pulled me through some a bright yellow door into some airy gym. The thing that got me was the size of the room. It was big enough for about 50 people and still leave them with plenty of elbow room. Well it would if the dummys and stuff were removed. I swear there was a fresh water stream running among the trees in room... yes trees. Cali removed everything but one dummy with a tiny flick of her wrist. "Now, fire" She commanded me.

I faced the lonely dummy. It looked so sad standing there without it's friends. "How?"

Cali smirked and with a flick of her wrist a bolt of electricity flew out of the lights and hit the dummy square in it's plastic chest. "That is how you do it" I couldn't help but notice the hint of smugness in her voice.

"Show of" I muttered darkly

"Yeah but you love me for it" She gloated. I rolled my eyes in response "Now, fire!" One of her small hand was placed on her hip while the other was pointing at the dummy.

"But it seems so... innocent" I watched Cali wearily as her eyes lit up with

"What if it was real? You would be dead by now..." She trailed off

I folded my arms "No, I refuse"

"Come on... you must have a tiny, little bit of, an urge to let out your inner beast and destroy that thing" Cali persisted. 

"No" I repeated.

"Fine!" Cali huffed flicking her wrist again. I'm pretty sure my eyes widened at the sight of the dummy transforming into a gigantic beast. It's muddy brown fur bristled up as it let out a deafening roar. It's round, orb like eyes shone with malice when prepared to charge. I squeezed my eyes shut preparing for the pain that was sure to arrive when the beasts 4 foot long horns pierce my body. Nothing happened. I opened my eyes to see the dummy back in it's original place as if I was imagining  the beast. I looked to Cali for an explanation but she was glaring at something behind me.

"I can't believe you Calypso!" Rayden shouted as he stormed past me.

"Don't call my Calypso... Ray!" Cali's nostrils flared with anger

"Well Calypso, Hope could have died" Rayden fumed

Cali gave a short, humorless laugh "I doubt it!"

"You doubt it? My life is on the line and you say I doubt it!" I pushed Rayden out the way and glared at the tiny girl.

Cali shrugged "I had it completely under control, I just wanted you to try and defend yourself"

"Cali... thats not the point" My voice broke after my near to death experience.

"Sorry" She shot me a sheepish smile "Next time, I'll tell you 'kay?"

I nodded not trusting my voice anymore. "Calypso, we were suppose to train her together" Rayden told her sternly

Cali shrugged again "I don't want her to to become a puppet"

"What is that suppose to mean?" Rayden spat

"You know what it means Rayden!" Cali said, venom lacing her voice

"Oh do I?" Just looking at him you could tell he was trying to taunt her.

It seemed to be working "Come on puppet!, you know exactly what I mean"

Rayden raised his eyebrow at her "Puppet?"

"Okay stop it now"  I tried to step in-between them but Cali pushed me out of the way.

"Yes, a puppet!" Cali stepped even closer "You are nothing but a worthless puppet"

"Really?" Raydens lips twitched

I stepped forward again "Stop... please"

"If Calypso does" Rayden jerked his thumb at Cali

"It's Cali... you know pronounced Ca-Li" She spoke as if she was talking to a pre-schooler

"Fine..." He sighed "Ca-Li-P-So"

"Die,,," Cali spat

"Stop..." I stepped into the minute gap between them.

Rayden laughed "You wouldn't kill me"

"Don't push your luck" She lifted her hand

"Cali.... Rayden... Stop!" A recognisable voice commanded. Rayden turned around and bowed to the new arrival.

"Rosa..." Cali tried to explain. My ears tingled at the name. Rosa, the woman I had come in search for turned out to be the intruder from my car.

"Y... Your..." I stuttered lost for words

"Rosa" She supplied for me gracefully walking forward

"Miss Evens.." Rayden said

She held her hand up shutting him up immediately "I told you to call me Rosa, now Hope, are these two annoying you?" I nodded "Well come on we have a Bria to save" She motioned for me to follow her. "Cali? Coming?"

We left the academy, Me, Cali and Rosa heading to who knows where to save Bria.