Chapter 1

The hooded figure floated through the darkness almost blending in with it's surroundings. I smirked it was almost like a horror movie. I watched the figure as it soundlessly approached my me . It was dressed all in black and you could see nothing of it's shadow covered face except it's vivid green eyes. Suddenly the figure removed it's hood. I screamed.

"Run" a voice in my head advised. Did I listen? What kinda stupid question is that? Only people in movies or fools did that, and I'm no fool... well maybe I am just a tiny bit but at least I did have the common sense to run. I stumbled through thick forest, crashed through bushes and high jumped the occasional large log that happen to be conveniently placed in my path. I looked back at the figure, it was right behind me. I could see every scar on it's mangled face, it's long, pointed nose and it's thin, grey lips that were set in a evil smirk. It reached forward with it's boney fingers and pushed me back into consciousness.

My eyes flew open as I croaked Bria's name, sweat pouring down my face. "B!" I croaked again starting to panic. I couldn't see her because the room was so dark... What if she had left me?? I buried my head into my hands, how could I survive without my bestfriend? I knew the answer to that, I couldn't live without her.

"Hope? What's up Hope? ugh Light" Bria asked concerned, turning on the light with her voice. The light didn't bother me, all I could register was that I hadn't lost my best friend. My Bria! She stood there with a mix of emotions on her face. Tired and Concerned were the main ones that currently graced her oval face.

"I had a...a nightmare B" I whimpered as the tears threatened to spill. Bria crossed the room in two steps before hugging me.

"You should go see a doctor Hope" she said sighing "This is the third one in a week, and it's only about 11:30 on a Tuesday night". I pulled out of the hug shocked. "Yeah, i know you hate doctors but I'm just worried about you" She looked so worried, it broke my heart seeing her like this.

"Go back to bed B, I'll be fine" I motioned to her bed. She looked unconvinced but her tiredness won. Giving me one final squeeze she did as I told her to, within minutes you could hear her rhythmic deep breathing. She was asleep. I tossed and turned as it's green eyes haunted my thoughts.I considered what Bria had said about going to a doctor but quickly dismissed it, it was probably because I had watched one to many horror movies. Yeah thats it, I did like a horror movies after all. Though somewhere in the back of my brain something told me differently.

I was still awake when the sun peeked over the horizon and through the gaps inbetween the skyscrapers, casting an orange glow around the room. Last year Gina gave us free reign over the design of our bedroom, we couldn't decide on a colour so instead we chose lots of colours. We painted the walls white before inviting our friend around. We made lots of very messy memorys doing a paint splatter. After alot of debating and arguing we chose a royal blue carpet, we only chose it because it was soooo soft like a feather pillow. We then literally spent hours pouring over online catalogues before a show down between two sets furniture. A white wood set or a metal set. The final vote went to Gina, the white wood won.

Bria moved slightly. Her blonde ringlets created a halo around her oval face. She looked sweet and strangely innocent. I snorted, Bria innocent? ha she is as innocent as a man guilty of a crime. "What's up?" Bria asked, her voice laced with sleep.

"Nothing" I replied grinning sheepishly at her

"Sure... now tell momma B" she commanded, hands on her hips.

"What would happen if I said... NAH!" I teased. She smirked at me before grabbing a pillow and pouncing on me.

She hovered over me "tell me or else" she threatened. I shook my head at her."Fine we'll do this the hard way" she sighed before pounding me with the pillow. "So will you tell me now?" she quizzed

I smirked before shouting "Blueberry Muffins!" and pushing her to the floor. She shot me her signiture death glare. I instantly offered her my hand, well so would you if you recieved her death glare... it truly is scary. She grabbed my hand before yanking me onto the floor with her. We started wrestling on the floor. I was winning until a fake cough attracted our attention.

"How old are you?" Gina asked from the doorway. Her blonde curls bounced as she laughed at our faces. She smoothed out her nightdress before looking at us expectantly.

"ummm well i'm 5 and she's 4" Bria said pointing to us as she explained.

"Oi! how come I'm 4" I moaned hitting her with a pillow in my hand.

"Maybe it's because i'm more mature than you" she stated

"Debatable" Her mum snorted from the doorway. Bria faked a hurt look. "Anyway it's half five in the morning so shhhhh" She raised her manicured finger to her lips as she said it, before disappearing back to bed.

"It's your fault Hope, you woke me up" Bria said pushing me off her.

"Really? Your the one that looked so innocent while asleep, I couldn't believe it was you" I retorted pushing her back

"I am Innocent" she claimed while giggling. I punched her lightly on the shoulder. "Oww, how come I get a violent friend? she muttered

"Only to you my friend, Only to you" I replied smirking at her reaction. She stood up with her hand heart.

"I'm honored" she cried, pulling me up to my feet. A siren sounded in the distance capturing her attention. I grabbed at the chance and jumped on her back.

"To the kitchen!" I screamed, pointing to the door whilst clinging onto Bria's neck for dear life. She made a gurgling noise but ultimately did as I instructed.

Our, well... her, slippers slid and slipped on the laminate floors. We ended up in a heap outside the kitchen door. "Open" Bria muttered as she pulled me to my feet for the second time this morning. We entered, and she instantly started pulling out the ingredients for cream cheese bagels topped with fresh chives. Yum. While she was preparing our breakfast on the white granite surfaces I looked around. The kitchen was one of my favorite rooms in the house, first place was claimed by our bedroom, I loved it's homely feel, It radiated love and warmth. After breakfast we decided to just wander around before school.

Me and Bria both attend Roseberg Academy. It's pretty lame there , the only highlight is that I get to see my boyfriend, Scott, He is the Cream to my Cheese, my Watt to my Pad... Yeah, that one was pretty bad wasn't it? We aren't popular, don't get me wrong we aren't in that cliche situation where the nerd dates the jock, I'm in the middle. I have friends and I'm definitely not a nerd but I'm not in the 'IT' group either. I grinned as I walked into school and into the arms of my boyfriend. "Hey" he whispered into my ear. "You want to come over to my house tomorrow after school?" he asked I nodded eagerly as the bell signaling class rung. "see you then" he waved before heading to class. Smiling, I put up with all the moaning teachers for the rest of the day.