Chapter 5 ~ Gossip Girl's Malicious Misfortune

[AUTHOR'S NOTE]

Herro! :3

This is a short chapter, I know. D: But I wanted it to end in a cliffhanger, since my latest chapters were pretty lame anyway.

So, this chapter has not been dedicated to anyone yet. xD I just... my thanks are equally distributed between my select few caring and generous friends and fans. Thank you everyone, and I love you all! Even those anonymous readers who are lurking in the background, pretending they're not there. I SEE YOU GUYS! XDDDDD Anywho, even if you're not voting and/or commenting, lemme just say, I appreciate it so much that you guys are even bothering to read. It makes my heart melt, the thought that someone besides my teachers and close friends are reading my work. Maybe it's worthy of a vote/comment, maybe it's not. Thanks for trying out my work either way!

I love you all. I really doubted that I would have the heart to finish even another chapter. I just have lapses in time where my self confidence is really lacking, and it sometimes really brings me down. Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy!

Lots of love,

~Linh

____________________________________

Chapter 5 ~ Gossip Girl's Malicious Misfortune

Looking back, I really don't know what made me do it. I really have no idea why I did it. Maybe it was the countless number of summer days I sat in my room, blasting screamo in my ears. My ears weren't used to this abuse. To be honest, I was wired to listen to Taylor Swift, maybe Paramore. None of that screaming stuff. It should scare me, but for some reason, the anger and defeat of the last few days have pushed me over the edge.

So here I am, blasting 'King For A Day', from Pierce the Veil featuring Kellin Quinn, into my eardrums. 'I'm tired of begging for the things that I want,' Vic screams, his high voice hammering my eardrums roughly, 'I'm over sleeping like a dog on the floor.' Did he read my mind, or what?

But one could only take so much of that. Sooner or later, people get lonely, surrounded by only music. Humans need other humans, and I don't mean to scream in your ear. Sometimes, a girl just need to talk, you know?

'But really,' I nervously chatter in my head, as I reach for my Samsung Galaxy S III, 'this isn't necessary, right?'

But like an idiot, I ignore my conscience.

Quickly tapping in the 10 digits, I start to regret pounding the call button. As the monotonous 'brrrrrrrrrrr' resounds multiple times through my tender ears, battered from the ruthless screamo it recently endured, I contemplate hanging up, until a professional voice sharply cuts into my thoughts. "Hello?"

Spluttering at the suddenness of her mature voice, I bumble, "Uh, Delilah, hey, it's me... Trice."

An amused chuckle uproots itself from her throat. "Ah, took you long enough. So when do you want me to come over?"

Well, that was quick. But I don't want her coming over. Really. I mean, I hate how the Anderson trio act all innocent for every darn person except for me. I hate how I look like a freaking idiot everytime I'm with them. "Well, actually---"

"How's this afternoon, at 3?" Without waiting for me to respond, she briskly cuts off my mewls of protest. "Alrighty. I'll be at..." I hear her leafing through parchments snappily. "Mmm, 78447 September Avenue at 3. See you then."

"But---" The call disconnects as my weak protest is cut short by an abrupt click. "Uhh, okay?" I say, confused, staring at my phone in shock. Maybe if I had known what would happen this afternoon, I might have called her back, screaming at her to stay in the safety of her home, and to stay away from the demons residing in my home... But I didn't know that then.