The Strange Disappearance

It has been 9 days ever since detective Morris was arrested. I hadn't had another case to solve for that nine days. Then came a knock on my door.

I got to the door and opened it. Officer Mark was waiting on the other side.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Detective." Officer Mark greeted me.

"Good afternoon." I replied. "How may I help you?"

"There's a new case. A disappearance of someone." Officer Mark told me.

"Who went missing?" I asked.

"Sir Arthur Rowan's daughter. She disappeared a few days ago. The police had been searching for her for days, but couldn't get any lead. Sir Arthur Rowan complained about the police's inability to find her." Officer Mark explained.

"That so? It's about time I get to work." I said

"We gathered all the clues we could find in the police station. Let's head there." Officer Mark said.

I took my coat and walked with Officer Mark to the police station.

"Tell me the details of the disappearance of Sir Arthur Rowan's daughter, officer." I asked Officer Mark whilst walking to the police station.

"Name of the victim, Aurelia Rowan. Age, 15 years old. She was last seen inside her father's mansion. Around midnight, she disappeared from her bedroom. The bedroom window was open. The servants searched every nook and cranny, but she was nowhere to be found within the mansion." Officer Mark explained.

"Let me guess, the police think it's a kidnapping?" I made a guess.

Officer Mark replied, "There's no other explanation to it, so that's our guess. The bedroom window was open, so that's what everyone thinks."

"Have the police considered other possibilities?" I asked.

"Yes, but some of the clues don't match with other possibility." Officer Mark said.

"I see." I nod as I said that.

"Here we are, detective." Officer Mark said.

We reached the police station. We entered the police station and went into a room. Inside the room was a table with papers on top of it. Several people were standing beside the table.

"Good afternoon, Detective Richard." Officer Brooks greeted me.

"Good afternoon to you too, officer." I replied.

One of the man standing beside the table said, "Are you the detective in the newspaper?"

"Yes I am." I replied.

"Then I hope you can do something about my daughter's disappearance." The man said.

Officer Brooks introduced me to that man, "Detective, this is Sir Arthur Rowan. He is the father of the victim who disappeared several days ago."

I greeted him, "Nice to meet you, Sir."

He replied, "Formality is unnecessary. Just get to work. I'm worried about my daughter."

I nodded and asked for the clues, "Alright. Gentlemen, please show me the information you have collected regarding her disappearance."

Officer Brooks explained, "The name of the victim was Aurelia Rowan. She disappeared in the middle of the night from her bedroom. She disappeared without a trace. We suspect it is a kidnapping. The window was open. The kidnapper probably entered through the window and took her"

I asked, "Was there any sign of struggle? Was there any sound? Did anything disappear alongside Ms. Aurelia?"

Officer Mark replied, "No, detective. There was no sign of struggle, not at all. The bedroom was clean. It's as if she went with the kidnapper voluntarily."