First Day Jitters [1] ✔

A/N: I have started with re-writing the whole Fic. It will probably take a while, so I'd like to ask you to be patient. There are about 20 chapters with words between 1500 and 2100, so it requires quite a lot of time. Especially since it's written so carelessly and shitty-- :p. I will also put a ✔ behind the chapters that are re-written, so you get a clear image.

With eyes peering through the crack of my eyelids, I let the sunlight sink in that's shining through my only window. We didn't have time to buy any curtains nor did we have the money, considering it has been exactly five days since we moved here to Hawkins, Indiana.

I open my eyes some more and gently manage to sit up, taking a quick peek through my room that's barely furnished. My gaze then relocates onto the small alarm alongside my bed. 6:29 am. Just as it turns to 6:30 am, the door abruptly bursts open:

"Good morning, Y/n! Are you ready for today?" My head shifts to the side, already noticing a bright smile from her. I mutter a small yes before looking through the window.

I couldn't see it, but I felt my mom's smile decreasing. "I know it's hard, sweety," she says and makes her way up to me. She sits down on the bed and softly grabs my hands as if they were made of porcelain. "I'm sure you'll like it here this time." I let out a hum as she squeezed my hand for reassurance.

"C'mon, let's get yourself cleaned up so we can have some breakfast, alright?" She gets up after her words and makes her way up to the door. My head turns to the side, "Mom," I state. She turns around. "Thanks." The warm smile reappears on her face, reminding me how much charisma she has.

She gives me a small nod and walks out of the room. Time to get up and get dressed now, shall we? With heavy footsteps, I make my way up to my wardrobe. I open it and tilt my head, debating what clothes I should wear for today. It's the first school day after all.

A/N: As you can see, there are a few outfits present beneath this message; make sure to pick out one and impress your fellow schoolmates! If there isn't anything that fits you, you can always search for one on the internet, considering I don't know all of your styles.

-------------------------

When I'm done with the routine from upstairs, I wander downstairs and so on into the kitchen. I remark on my mother that's reading a book by Stephen King (Carrie) along with toast that cosisted of some ham and cheese. Her eyebrows raise in surprise as her eyes roam over the page. She attempts on putting the toast into her mouth: causing her cheek to be all under the mayonnaise. I let out a small chuckle, and shake my head before sitting down.

She glares up from the book at me as her brown eyes widen followed by laughing as well. "Seems like a good book by... Steven King (pronunciation)." She shakes her head, "Stefen (pronunciation) King and yes, it's quite interesting--" She begins explaining the whole story along with the characters as I start tp eat in silence, humming every now and then to her statements.