It Takes Two

"Good afternoon campers!! Who's ready to start today's new activity?" David exclaimed. The crowd was silent with a single cough.
"So what's the activity?" You asked.
"Great question y/n. Today's activity is ballroom dancing!" David said with cheer.
"Fuck this shit. I'm out," Max said.
"Oh no you don't Max," David grabbed him by the hood of his sweatshirt, "Everyone is required to do this activity today,"
"Fuck meee," Max groaned.
"Come on Max, it could be fun," Nikki said.
"I don't know if I would exactly call spinning in circles like an idiot 'fun'," Max said sarcastically. Gwen pulled out a piece of paper from her pocket and began to read it out loud, "Okay, here are the partner assignments: Ered and Dolph, Preston and Nurf, Harrison and Nerris, Nikki and Neil, Space Kid's with me, and uhh.. oh y/n and Max." You and Max made eye contact from across the room and both looked upset. 'Alright' you thought, 'This could be worse, I could have had Nurf as my partner'.
"Everybody partner up so we can begin dancing," David said. You walked over to Max and stood next to him, he pretended not to notice as he tried to distract himself by looking at something from across the room.
"The first type of dancing we will be doing is the waltz. Have the boy place his hand on the girls upper ribcage and the girl place her hand on the boys upper arm. Then hold hands with the two remaining," said David. Max nervously put his hand around you blushing a little, you tried not to look at him directly in the eyes. You placed you hand on his arm and held it firmly.
"Good thing I've done this before or else we'd look like idiots," you said laughing. David walked over to you two and said, "Great form guys, that's exactly correct." You both smiled at each other for accomplishing something but then both looked away blushing when you made eye contact. David started to play waltz music and you recognized the key signature.
"Okay so how the fuck do we do this?" Max said angrily.
"It's easy, just follow me. One two three, one two three, one two three," you said as you were dragging him along to the tune. Max started to get the hang of it and had more fun.
"Do you want to try leading Max?" You asked.
"Uh sure," he said. He gently moved you along in circles trying his best not to mess up.
"Hey, you're pretty good at this for your first time," you said smirking.
"Yeah whatever," he replied.
"Ouch! Nikki! You're stepping on my toes!" Neil yelped.
"Hahah, glad she's not my partner," Max said. You looked at him and giggled making him blush a little.
Scene Change Baby
After dancing everybody was released to have lunch. You walked over to Nikki and Neil and sat across from them, Max walked over and sat right next to you surprisingly. "It looked like you two had fun today," Nikki said wiggling her eyebrows.
"I don't know I thought it was pretty lame," Max said. 'Well it looked like he had fun to me,' you thought. Max looked at you and winked.
"Hah, yeah it was pretty lame," you said with a laugh. This guy was definitely growing on you.