Chapter 13:

Recap: Red and Lykos do the dirty ;) Aquil runs in and says the vampires have declared war. 

**MILDLY EXPLICIT** 

"I want everyone out in the barracks, training." Lykos commanded. "The healers will be behind the sixth line, and women and children need to go underground." 

I watched, silent. Lykos had changed completely, a hard-mask took over his features as he dominated the pack. He was a good Alpha. 

Aquil nodded, before turning out of the door. His defenses lowered, he wiped off the mask and his eyes softened. A moment later, Lykos turned to me and sighed. 

"Come here, little one." He murmured. 

I all but ran into his open arms, hugging him tightly. He tucked my head into his neck and held me. Could he sense my fear? I had barely managed to stay alive against the last vampire that I had encountered.

"I don't want you at the front lines. I need you to protect the women and children." He said, finally. 

It was a shit excuse. The women and children were more fierce than the warriors themselves. 

Frowning, I stepped back. 

"No." I replied. "I'm going to fight with the pack- with our pack." 

He clenched his jaw in annoyance. 

"I am not risking your life, Red." He turned away to walk through the door. "That's final." 

My eyes widened in surprise, and I spat out; "You cant stop me, Lykos." I growled. "You'll have to tie me down to the bed." 

His back tensed, and was towering over me know. "I'm considering that option." He replied, lowly. 

"I dare you." I whispered.

Lykos suddenly gripped my jaw pulling my face up to his. 

"Don't test me, my love. I will not put your life on the line. Vampires are dangerous creatures. The last one you met nearly killed you." He muttered, looking away. 

I cant lose you. 

I knew I wouldn't get through to him, but it was my pack too. I was going to fight these blood-suckers, no matter what. 

I left the room and walked out to the courtyard, and watched the warriors train. They were fierce- their movements fluid but angry. 

"Luna, would you like to join in?" 

I turned at Aquil, smiling. 

"Won't it be unfair? You are all werewolves, after all." I said.

"We both know that thats not true." He replied, rolling his eyes. 

"Excuse me?" I asked. 

He faltered in his reply. Aquils eyes darting from left to right. 

"Uh- You don't know?" He rubbed his hands together. He was a terrible liar. 

My eyes narrowed. 

"Aquil." I said warningly. 

He sighed , straightened his back and faced me. Coming to a knew resolution he started; 

"I was sure Alpha told you but, when you were hurt- by the vampires and the bomb,  you nearly died, Luna." Aquil started. "The healers said that you'd survive if you were a wolf- but you weren't." 

"So?..."

"In order to save you, Alpha Lykos had to give you his blood. It healed you." 

My eyes widened. Before I could say anything, Aquil brought his hand out in surrender.