Off mornings can be a sign...

I was sitting in my kitchen looking at the table with a blank look. I woke up fifteen minutes before my alarm, Kuma couldn't stop whining about how hungry he is, the hot water stopped working some time in the night, and to top that all off..... I'M OUT OF MAPLE SYRUP!!!! This wasn't the best way to start my morning.

I got up from my seat and slowly made my way to my fridge, opened the door and looked at the food and drinks that were in it. Sighing at the little amount of food, I grab myself a cold Canadian dry, an apple along with some baloney. With that I closed the door and went back to my seat and plopped down in my chair and started to eat.

I went over my schedule for the day when I remembered that I had a world meeting today, I glanced at the time and nearly choked on my apple, 7:10, the world meeting started at nine but I had to leave soon or else I'll be late.

I rushed up my old creaky staircase and into my bathroom and took the world's fastest shower, I then ran to my room and threw on a red woman beater then a black dress shirt, some grey dress pants and polished black dress shoes to finish the look off. I grabbed a backpack and a hockey bag that had some things already packed in it. I threw some casual clothes into the backpack and some runners for after the meeting.

I grab my phone, wallet and keys before picking up a tired Kuma before rushing out of my home. I jumped into my pickup and started the engine before driving off to the meeting spot. I was slightly mad to hear that the meeting was being held at the new hotel by the mountains, I wouldn't mind it being held there..... in the summer but not in the fall close to winter.

I pulled up to one of my many provinces place and grabbed Kuma and rushed to the door, knocking about three times knowing full well that she hates being awoken around this time of day. The door swung open to reveal Québec, she looked like her twin brother Québec city.

Québec had long blond hair, crystal blue eyes, fair skin with a splash of freckles along her small button nose. She was wearing her black spaghetti strap silk nightgown and black slippers to keep her feet warm from the autumn cold.

'Doesn't she wear a housecoat or something when answering the door or something!?' I thought to myself as I saw the french province smile at me.

"Bonjour Matthieu!" Québec said with a tired yawn but didn't stop her smile.

"Bonjour Québec," I greeted in return. "I am so sorry for showing up without notice but I need up to watch Kuma for me. I don't think he would like to be at the meeting at all today." I apologized before getting to the point of my presence.

"Not at all Matthieu, I don't mind at all." the girl smiled taking Kuma into her arms. "I'll take good care of him, so will petit frère. I hope that you survive this meeting.. unlike last time. I still don't get how our uncle didn't notice that you were sick! I mean come on you were pale as a ghost and couldn't stop shivering or coughing!" Québec stated.

I shivered at the memory, Germany was the one to find me in the back alleyway beaten to a palp while puking -with some blood mixed in mind you- all over the muddy ground. It took me a whole month to recover and another month to get my provinces to let me go to the world meetings alone, but it showed that they still love me with how Québec wants to leave me and become her own nation.

"Yeah... but anyways thank you so much!" I said smiling. "I would love to stay and chat but I have a meeting soon and I don't want to miss -though they wouldn't notice- so I'll see you tonight or tomorrow if they decided to extend it to tomorrow!" I said as I made my way back to my pickup.

Québec nodded and waved before going back into her home with the polar bear cub in her arms and closed the door. I got into the driver's seat and drove off to the boring world meeting.

~ Kuma eating fish while watching the food channel~

I pulled into the closest parking spot and turned my pickup off and grabbed my things and rushed in, locking my pickup at the same time, I looked around the lobby with a small smile. There was a beautifully carved wooden grizzly bear, a totem pole in the center of the lobby. There was a real wooden fireplace with stone surrounding it, leather seats were near the fireplace for comfort.

There was nobody there do to the prime minister booking the whole hotel for the world meeting -a week in case they extend it- so there isn't anyone around not even staff. I make my way to the conference room leaving my things in the corner of the room and made my way to a spot next to America and England.

"Honhonhon~ Angleterre why so down? Did you miss me that much from the last meeting?" France said, walking up to England with a unsettling smile.

"Bloody Frog! Stay away from me!" England shouted.

That caused a fight break out between the two and the meeting didn't even start yet. I sighed and looked out the window behind me as I could hear America cheer the two on. As I looked out the window I noticed that the forest outside look off, like that there was something lurking in the trees just waiting to rush out and drag a innocent victims into the dark abyss.

"EVERYONE SHUT UP AND LET'S GET THIS MEETING STARTED!" Shouted Germany.

I turned to face the German and began taking notes as he mentioned oil spills and forest fires. As the meeting dragged on I began to feel uneasy, I knew this feeling all to well and I was silently praying that it wasn't what I thought it was.

TBC...