49. "Have you warned them about me?"

Start from the beginning

Plus, Brad has already met my mum, my Dad and Phil well before he even met me so he doesn't have the worry of having to meet them. In fact, I think my mum, Dad and Phil have all actually met Brad's Mum and Dad before. I almost feel left out.

"... I know, I'm excited for you to meet her"

God, he's adorable.

"Yeah, okay... okay... love you too" I hear him say before I assume he hangs up. After a few moments, I hear movement and then the bed dips a little behind me with Brad's body weight. HIs fingers sink into my hair, brushing gently through it before one of his fingers curls around a lock of my hair and starts to play with it idly. It's so relaxing that I start to fall back asleep again. But then he stops.

I pout.

"Carry on" I mumble. He lets out a breathy chuckle before continuing his previous actions.

"Thought you were asleep" he comments.

"Mm" I hum, "cuddle me"

I feel him shift around behind me before the covers are lifted and then Brad's warm torso is pressed against my back, his arms sliding around me and pulling me to him. He nuzzles his face into my hair.

"You smell like me" he mumbles and I can hear the smile in his voice.

"I'm surrounded by you"

"I like that" he comments before I feel him brush my hair away from my neck and press a soft kiss against the bare skin, "I made you a cup of tea by the way"

"Thanks" I mumble as I roll over to face him and snuggle into his chest, "I'll drink it in a minute"

We fall into a comfortable silence for a while, Brad's fingers continuing to play with my hair and mine are pressed against his bare torso, feeling the warmth of his skin beneath my fingertips.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask him eventually.

"Just thinking about how things might have been different if we'd have got off on the right foot the first night you were here" he replies.

"I'd have still have put my guard up"

"Yeah, but we might have gotten together sooner" he suggests.

"Wouldn't have been half as fun though" I grin as I sit up and lean over him to grab my cup of tea. He laughs, placing his hands on either side of my waist to steady me.

"Very true"

"What would have done if I'd have been nice to you on the first night?" I ask him, before taking a sip of my tea.

He shrugs casually.

"I'd have bent you over the kitchen island and railed you right there-"

I cut him off by almost choking on my tea. Did he really have to say that when I'm mid-sip?

"Brad" I whine, batting his chest playfully whilst he starts sniggering gleefully to himself, "don't say shit like that when I have tea in my mouth"

"I'll tell it you again when you have something else in your mouth" he grins, making me scoff but I can't help but laugh along with him.

"Only in your wet dreams would I have ever let that happen that night" I snort.

"Maybe one day you'll let me live out my fantasy" he asks with a hopeful grin, sliding both of his large hands under my t-shirt and resting them on either side of my waist.

"...Maybe"

"I'll take that as a yes" he smirks.

"It's a maybe" I clarify.

"Can I ask you something you might say yes to?" He raises his eyebrows.

"Enlighten me"

"Well, you know it's my birthday in a couple of weeks?"

"Mm," I hum, placing my cup back on his bedside table.

"Well, of course you know because you've got me an amazing present, right?" He grins, slipping his arms further around my waist and pulling me towards him until I have no choice but to straddle his hips. I look down at him with a small smirk threatening to tug at the corners of my mouth.

"Well, you already have me and that's the most amazing present anyone could ever wish for so... no..."

It's a total lie. I'm already in the process of creating Brad's gift, though I'm pretty confident that it'll be ready in time.

"Right, of course" he nods, "well, I'm gonna be going back home for my birthday for a few days so I was wondering if you wanted to come with me?"

"To meet your family?"

"Yeah" he smiles, "I mean, only if you want to"

"Have you warned them about me?" I ask.

"Yeah, I said 'Mum, Dad, would you like to meet my girlfriend? She's terrifying, she's a total bitch and she's good with knives so watch what you say around her'" he tells me, keeping a straight face.

"Wow, you've got me spot on" I smirk, "at least they'll know what to expect"

"Exactly!" he grins, "so what's your answer?"

"...Okay"

"Yeah?" he smiles.

"Yeah" I say, a little hesitantly, "I've never 'met the parents' before "

"They'll love you" he grins, "just like I do"