49. "Have you warned them about me?"

Start from the beginning

"I want you to have it" he shrugs, before pressing a chaste kiss against my temple. I watch him as he turns his attention back to the television and I can't help but smile. I really do not deserve this boy.

I slip my arms around his waist and nuzzle my face into the comfort of his chest.

* * * * * * *

The next thing I know, I'm waking up from a sleep that I wasn't even aware I fell into. I'm still lied on the sofa with the noise of the television still quietly humming in the background and a pair of strong arms looped tightly around my waist. I know they belong to Brad because I can feel his breath intermittently hitting the back of my neck. I turn my head back to see Brad lied behind me, fast asleep and the sight of his adorably sweet sleeping face causes me to smile to myself.

As I turn back towards the television, I notice another person in the room. Tris is sat on the other sofa and has obviously turned the channel over because he's watching the local news highlights.

"When did you get back?" I mumble, my voice still a little croaky from the sleep. Tris turns his attention to me.

"About ten minutes ago," he tells me. I nod and look over at the television, though nothing particularly interesting seems to have happened.

I glance back at Tris to see him still watching me.

"What?"

"You really like him, don't you?" he says softly. I nod in reply, "funny how things turn out, isn't it?" he adds with a smile.

"You're telling me"

"Imagine if someone had told you when you first moved in that you and Brad would end up together"

"I think I'd have moved back in with Brat-tany" I snort.

"Or actually stabbed Brad"

"Don't remind her" I hear Brad mumble from behind me, his voice croaky from sleep. We laugh lightly at his response before Tris pipes up again.

"If you break her heart, I'll stab you myself"

* * * * * * *

When I wake up from a deep sleep the next morning, I nuzzle my face further into Brad's duvet, breathing in his musky scent that always seems to linger on his sheets. His bed is far comfier than mine and that's my excuse for staying in it so much.

"... Yeah... Yeah..." I hear Brad's voice say quietly from elsewhere in the room, "No Mum, she's asleep"

He must be on the phone. I remain still and keep my eyes closed, intrigued to hear what else he might have to say about me to his Mum.

"...Yeah, you can, soon..." I hear him say, "...I don't know, maybe when I've got some time off... I do, I'll come down then... well, I'll have to ask her"

I don't need to hear his mum's side of the conversation to work out that he's thinking about going home. And maybe taking me with him.

Thinking about meeting Brad's parents gives me such anxiety. It's silly really because normally I like to bang on about how I don't really care what other people think about me, but I really do care what Brad's parents' opinions of me will be. I have never got to the stage of meeting parents with any other guy so it's kind of a big deal for me. I don't really know what to expect from the whole experience.