Chapter 37 - Kidnapped

Start from the beginning

"You don't need to know how. It's simply for an emergency. It only has one bullet. In case Maia holds you against your will or something then you have no choice but to shoot her."

"...I'm allowed to do that?"

"You're 18 right?"

"Yes."

"You're sticking with us, right?"

"Of course."

"Then you're allowed to do that. Let's go."

Miranda walked ahead with about 10 guards following her and I froze in place with Ross next to me.

"Why'd I agree to come here?" I asked as I stared at the police men and woman.

"It'll be fine. They're all highly trained, it's all good," he comforted me with a smile.

I smiled back and we both caught up with them.

There were about 5 police cars outside, 2 police in each car, except one of them has 3. Ross, Miranda, and I.

"You guys okay?" Miranda asked as she drove.

"Yup..." I said.

I was suppose to sit in the front with her like last time, but I needed Ross by my side now.

Ross' POV

I can tell Laura was nervous. The look on her face says it all. The fact that she's squeezing my hand says more. Maybe Miranda was right that Laura shouldn't have come. I love her, but I don't want her to die. And if anything happens to her in this mission, I'll never forgive myself.

In 5 minutes, we reached the beach. And it was very, very dark out. The cars were parked and we all went outside.

"We should check the light house first, it's a common hideout," one of us suggested.

"Good idea. But someone should also check the cave where Laura found Kristine," Miranda said.

"So, we'll split up. There's 12 of us, so, 6 at the lighthouse, and 6 at the cave," Laura thought.

"Perfect. Ross, Laura, Jack, Steve, Darren, you're with me," Miranda called names. And it's better that we stay with her. She's the only one we know, after all. "We're checking out the lighthouse. The rest of you, to the cave. Let's go."

On the walk to the lighthouse, Miranda was ahead, then Laura and I, and then the rest of the guards behind us. The door was old and wooden, easy to be kicked down. Which Miranda just did.

Inside was a staircase all the way that leads to the top and a bunch of boxes. There was no light down at the bottom. However, there was an underground room.

"Looks like we'll have to split up again," sighed Miranda. "Three of us up the stairs, three of us down there." She pointed to the underground room. "Ross and Laura can stay with me, underground. Jack, Steve, Darren, you guys go up."

They nodded and went up the stairs. Miranda looked at each of us. "How're you guys doing till' now?" She asked.

"I feel like m CSI person," I admitted.

Miranda laughed. "You okay, Laura?"

"Perfectly fine," she said.

"Alright. C'mon." She lead us down the stairs and again, no light. She flashed a flashlight and the first thing I saw was a rat. Other than that, there were iron bars and more boxes.

"This place looks empty," I said.

Miranda nodded. "Yes, but it is creepy."

"What if Maia and Ramy aren't here? Where else would you look?"

"Well... We'll have to check security tapes again to see where we can check next. How did you even handle Maia being your girlfriend?"

"Oh," I laughed a bit. "We were co-stars in-"

"Teen Beach Movie, I know."

"She wasn't the easiest person, honestly. Even then, she was already a bad guy."

"Really?"

"Yeah. She threatened to kill Laura and make me think my own girlfriend was the bad person."

"And you let her influence you?"

"I wasn't thinking... And I actually didn't know that Laura had feelings for me back then."

"But now you do?"

"Yep," I smiled to myself.

"Wow... Speaking of Laura, why's she so quiet?"

"Hmm... I don't know. Laura talk," I glanced to my right, about to friendly hit her back. But all my hand did was pass through an empty space.

Miranda turned around and flashed the light everywhere.

"Ross... Where's Laura?!"