Chapter 27 - Family or Relatives

With Ross and Vanessa, Ross' POV

"How could Kristine still be alive?" I asked Vanessa as we sat on a small bench while Miranda took a phone call.

"It's nearly impossible," she approved. "All over the news, posters, newspapers, and police officers, they all said Kristine was dead."

A thought then occurred to me that Vanessa didn't even try to have a bit of hope that her half sister could still be alive.

"Vanessa... Do you actually want to see your other sister?" I decided to question her.

"Honestly, I don't know," Vanessa admitted. "She was the reason Mom was having such a hard time a long time ago."

"Maybe. But she still is your relative."

"She's Maia's relative too."

I nodded, "Okay, so there-"

I was cut off my Miranda suddenly running towards us.

"Ross! Vanessa! We found Kristine!" She yelled.

"WHAT?" Vanessa and I stood up at the same time.

"They said they found her along with one boy and a girl. They're bringing them in now, you guys wait here."

"Where was she found?" Nessa asked.

"In a cave, by the beach," Miranda replied. "You stay here. The beach is a close by drive, they should be here in a good 5-10 minutes."

"Okay, thanks!"

We sat back down again.

Vanessa's POV

About 7 minutes past when they started bringing in 3 people. Then, I noticed that one of them was my sister, and the other was my boyfriend. But, I got even angrier when I saw Laura's eyes were shut.

I didn't control anything. My brain knew what to do.

"Hey?! What are you doing with my sister? Put her down!" I yelled as I stood in front of them.

"And let go of my brother!" Ross shouted next to me.

"Ma'am, these were the people found with Kristine," an officer said.

I looked at the woman I've never seen before. She had Dad's eyes...

"I am a hundred percent sure they were doing no harm to Kristine! Now let them go!"

"I'm afraid we can't do that until Miss Miranda comes."

"MIRANDA WILL AGREE WITH ME. IF YOU EVER LAY ANOTHER FINGER ON MY SISTER AND MY BOYFRIEND, YOU WILL BE SORRY." I calmed down for a while since the officers had a scared look in their eyes. Huh, who thought I could scare police? Anyways... "Now tell me why Laura's eyes are closed."

"What?" One of the guards asked.

"Laura! The name of that girl whose eyes are shut! WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?"

"Is everything okay?" Miranda came in. She gazed around the room. "Oh my gosh! What did you do to them?! Put all of them down!" She demanded. "And why are her eyes closed?" Miranda referred to Laura.

Thank you... I thanked her in my mind.

"We electrocuted her when she kept trying to let go."

"And without telling me?" Miranda kept a hand on her hip.

"We apologize. We didn't know she was innocent."

"Before any harm is done to the suspects, you will tell me first. The next time this happens, consider all of you fired."

"Sorry Miss Miranda. It won't happen again."