Humugot ng isang malalim na buntong-hininga si Pierce. "I'm always been aware of that."

"So was it Lance who made you realize that Atty. De Silva is important to you?" tanong ng babae.

"Kind of....But why do you have to worry over Clarisse? You're getting engaged to him which means he chose you."

Scarlet sighed. "I have small doubt in his sincerity over our engagement. Life had always been too easy for him but now that he encountered this kind of frustrations, I don't really know what's going on inside his head. Hindi niya ako sinumbatan. Ni wala siyang galit na ipinaramdam sa akin...He treats me like nothing happened which makes me more nervous and uncomfortable."

"Don't think too much. Siguro ay malalim lang talaga ang pagmamahal sayo nung tao kaya mas pinipili niyang kalimutan na lang ang mga pangit na nangyari."

"B-But whenever we're together I feel like I don't own his heart anymore...He's with me but it's seems like I'm losing him along the way. Do you remember you told me to get hold of a person bago pa man ito mawala sa tabi ko? That's what I'm doing now for Lance. Ginagawa ko ang lahat para makabawi sa mga naging kasalanan ko. I'll go crazy kung pati si Lance ay mawawala rin sa akin."

Seryosong tumingin ng diretso sa mga mata ni Scarlet si Pierce. "Don't be too selfish Scarlet. If you want him to be by your side then face your punishment. Pay for your mistakes. Be sincere to your feelings and stop whining over little things."

"No, Pierce it's not about what I've done. I'm guessing that I'm losing him because of your wife!" biglang galit na ika ni Scarlet. "Give more attention to Atty. De Silva. Don't give her any chance to meet him. Win her heart now so Lance won't see any hope for her. She's your wife, control her!"

Ngumisi si Pierce at siniksik ang mga kamay sa mga bulsa ng pantalon. "I can't do that," kalmadong sabi niya sabay tingin sa magandang tanawin. "I'm trying to win her but I'm not depriving her the freedom to choose."

Scarlet stared at him with disbelief. "Are you saying that you're willing to give her up? What happened to you? Are you still the Pierce I know? She is yours! She married you hence she has no right to have choices anymore! Hahayaan mo bang maagaw siya ng ibang lalaki? How can you answer me like that?!"

Pierce gave her a bitter smile. "Akala ko noong una keeping her by my side was enough. I couldn't stand the thought of losing her because it hurts a lot...but I was wrong, meron pa palang mas sasakit sa bagay na yan."

Napakunot ng noo si Scarlet.

"Ito ay yung pag nakikita ko siyang nasasaktan at nahihirapan. The pain doubled whenever I see her crying. My heart is being stabbed sa tuwing nakikita ko ang lungkot sa kanyang mga mata. Everytime I saw tears that about to fall, iniisip ko na sana sa mga oras ding yun ay mabibigay ko ang bagay na makakapagpasaya sa kanya...."

Pierced sighed and sadness mirrored in his eyes.

"You know what she said to me the last time we had a fight?....'Lahat ginagawa mo para pigilan akong magmahal ng iba, pero ikaw ano ba ang ginawa mo para mahalin kita?'" He chuckled. "She was right. Ano nga ba ang ginawa ko para mahalin niya ako? I was selfish, irresponsible, arrogant, womanizer and a man who doesn't know what he wants in his life. Who am I to demand the love of a woman I don't even deserve? If I want her heart I need to earn it but if I can't then I have no other wish than for her to be with the man she loves and be with the man who can make her happier."