Chapter 1

A/N: Hey, guys! So this is a really old fanfic of mine, I think I wrote it when I was around 16. But as at that time I wasn't as good a writer as I am today (Seriously, I was terrible, don't read my old fanfics!), I didn't know how to take advantage of the plot's potential, so recently I decided to rewrite it and post it. I hope you guys like it ❤️

Han walked in circles in the backyard of his house, nervous thinking about all the things that could be happening inside his house at that moment.

With a lot of effort, his wife Ling and he found another suitor for their daughter, specifically the twenty-fifth, as all the others had been scared off by her in different ways.

Despite that, they were hopeful that time, because that panda was from another village, that is, someone you had never met before. Their daughter would accept her suitor and finally get married after years of trying.

Suddenly, Han and Ling were startled when they heard an explosion that came from inside their house.

Worried about what might have happened, they rushed to get inside, but before they could do so, their daughter's suitor left the house, an angry expression on his black-stained face.

"What happened?" Han asked him.

"Can't you see what happened?!" The other panda shouted furiously. "She's a disaster, only a crazy person would marry her."

Without saying anything else, he left the Huang house without explaining further.

Immediately realizing what had happened, they entered the house.

You were putting the teapot away in the kitchen cupboard when you flinched as you heard your father scream your name in fury.

"Explain yourself, miss." He demanded firmly.

"It looks like I accidentally kept the explosives in the teapot." You replied between nervous laughs.

"Dearest, this can't go on." Your mother said in a disappointed tone of voice.

"But it doesn't have to." You said. "I'm doing just fine being single."

"But you shouldn't." Your father retorted. "You know very well that you should have gotten married much sooner, now you're going to be 26 years old, in a few years no panda will want to marry you."

That was exactly your idea. Despite knowing that you were disappointing your parents with your reckless actions, you simply couldn't become a prisoner of a husband when you wanted to follow your dream of being a swordswoman, just like all of your ancestors were.

"It's not my fault you keep me here until the day I get married." You said with your head down, refusing to make eye contact with them. "I don't want this for my life, I want..."

"We've already talked about this." Your father interrupted you. "I would never forgive myself if I allowed the only daughter I have to get fatally injured in one of those stupid sword fights."

"They're not stupid." You said indignantly. "I promised grandpa I would restore the family's..."

"Huang __________, this conversation is over!" He shouted angrily, not having the patience to argue with you about the same topic for probably the millionth time.

You fell silent, bowing briefly before retiring to your room.

"Oh dear, what will everyone say about me having a spinster daughter?" Han asked, becoming desperate about the situation.

"Don't worry darling, we'll think of something." Ling said to try and reassure her husband. "Maybe if we made our daughter apologize to him, he'd reconsider..."

"I don't believe that's possible." Han said, interrupting her. "If I were in his shoes, I wouldn't reconsider either."

"So what's your suggestion?" She asked.

"I'll talk to the monk, he'll know what to do." He replied. "I'll only know if our daughter is a goner if I hear it from him."

"I hope he really knows what to do." Ling said, equally hopeful.

Leaving his wife at home, Han went to the house of the wise monk in their village, an old panda named Yang who was known for his immense wisdom and the good advice he gave to the villagers.

"Sit down, my friend." Yang said to Han, who sat in front of him. "So? Did your daughter like her new suitor?"

"That's what I came to talk to you about." Han replied.

"Well, tell me."

"He managed to scare that one away."

"Well, that's worrying." Yang commented, scratching his chin.

"I know." Han sighed. "That girl will plunge our family into dishonor. What should I do to prevent this?"

"Well, there is a way." Yang said, igniting hope in the youngest panda's eyes again.

"And what would be?" He asked. "I do anything it needs."

The old monk picked up the empty cup from the table and looked at the tea leaves at the bottom, the tea you had drunk.

"I saw it in the tea leaves." He said. "To bring honor to her family, she must be betrothed to only one panda: The savior of China, the one who was the dragon warrior."

Even though nothing had been resolved, Han couldn't resist celebrating. The size of the honor that his family would have in having his only daughter marry the savior of China would serve to honor the next ten generations.

"Thank you very much, old Yang!" He exclaimed, hugging the old panda enthusiastically. "I'll talk to my wife."

"Go, my friend." Yang smiled, watching Han leave her house with a smile.

He let out a sigh. One day Han would finally understand that his daughter's destiny was already set since her birth, it was in her blood and there was nothing he could do to stop it from happening.