0017 | ksj

0017.
BALL GOWNS
& WHITE PRETTY LIES
______

The swift drizzle of Por Una Cabeza, a gracious and flattering piano recital, playing soothingly along the luxurious grand room. Men, woman; dressed beautifully. Gowns grazing against the grounds, men bowing in respect as their eager eyes roam the luring bodies of women's, with no more than a touch of lust and hunger. This was most definitely a party.

I pat my dress down slightly, trying to divert my attention from everyone else. My left arm that was linked onto Jin's somehow reassured me not to feel as nervous as I am. And honestly I'm not sure why? His presence is calming, like I could be in the most worst situation yet him being there with me could completely, oppress a feeling of safeness and comfort. Call me crazy, it just seems to be the truth.

The sweet melody of the piano, only grew louder by how closer we were getting. My stomach twirled with sudden anxiety, not knowing where exactly it came from. The circled staircase of pure gold seemed to have finally come to its end as we reached the last step as I dreaded to enter the room.

"You'll be okay."

He squeezed my hand reassuringly. I gave him a small smile, adjusting to his unconvincing words. It wasn't going to be easy, for sure it wasn't. It never had been. The first time was the worst, I thought I'd possibly be immune or even okay with it. But I guess after several occasions of it becoming almost a regular thing, I officially had agreed that I was only hurting myself by holding back my true pain. And I'm sure he had no utter clue about how I felt. Yeah, a few kisses were coming here and there, words of comfort and love were said but in reality I didn't know what to believe. After all, he is feeding the public false news only for himself and her.

"Don't go anywhere tonight, okay?" His finger caressed my cheek softly, his strong gaze puzzling into mine. "I still want to see you even if I may be with a another person the whole night."

But he didn't get that, did he? I wanted to be that person, why couldn't he have just announced our relationship instead of making white lies.

I slightly nodded, pulling myself away from him and instead fixing his tie. "I'll be here." I said warmly.

He stood solemnly for a minute whilst just staring onto me and I finally pushed myself away from him. I was going to be okay, right? It was just another night, nothing more than a a few hours with him and another woman's family, together. I had done this many times, this will be no different. And that's when the woman named Soyeon, walked by. Her parents followed belong her side. I guess Jin followed my gaze because he too turned backwards to glance at them. He turned back towards me with an apologetic smile whispering, "I'll make it up to you," before scurrying up to them and taking Soyeon by the waist in the exact opposite direction where I was.