The First Meeting | Connor McDavid

This one was requested by hockeysister8131 hope you enjoy love

-

"This is gonna be such a disaster!" you think as you sit in the passenger seat.

You and your boyfriend, Connor McDavid, are on your way to Wrigley Field to see your brother, Kris Bryant, who plays 3rd base for the Chicago Cubs.

"No it's not, babe. I'm sure your brother will be fine," Connor reassures you, using his free hand to run his thumb along your hand.

"Both hands on the wheel, mister," you tease him.

A couple minute later, you pull up in front of Wrigley and enter the parking lot, showing off your special visitors passes. You guys park the car and make your way inside the building where you see Anthony Rizzo, Kris' best friend, waiting for you.

"Riz!" you squeal, running into his arms.

"(Y/N/N)!" he cries out, lifting you up in the air and spinning you around in a circle.

He puts you down after hearing Connor cough awkwardly.

"(Y/N/N), who's your friend?" Rizzo asks.

"Riz, this is Connor, my boyfriend. Connor, this is Anthony, Kris' teammate and bestfriend, but everyone calls him Riz," you introduce them.

"Nice to meet you, Connor," Riz smiles, shaking his hand.

"Likewise," Connor replies.

"Alright, let's take you guys to the clubhouse to see Kris," Riz announces.

He leads you and Connor down the tunnel towards the clubhouse and you guys go in to see a few of the guys mingling about.

"(Y/N)!" they cheer when they see you.

"Hi boys! You guys missed me?" you tease.

"Yeah, things haven't been the same since you moved to Toronto," Javier Baez, one of Kris' teammates replies.

"Sorry boys, you know I had to go back to school. Can't be a boss athletic trainer without getting my Masters in Exercise Science and Physical Therapy," she replies.

"So who's this?" Wilson Contreras, one of Kris' teammates asks.

"Guys, this is my boyfriend, Connor," she introduces them to Connor.

"I'd love to stay and chat with y'all, but where is Kris?" she asks them.

"He's been in the batting cages for a couple minutes," Ben Zobrist, one of Kris' teammates replies.

"I'll take you guys to the cages then," Riz announces.

He leads you and Connor down to the cages and you hear the sound of Kris hacking away at balls coming out of the pitch machine. Kris stops the machine at the sound of you, Connor, and Riz coming into the room. He turns around and sees you, Connor, and Riz and gives off a look of confusion.

"(Y/N)! Why didn't you tell me you were in town?" Kris asks, walking up to you and giving you a massive hug.

"Missed you too, big bro, and I wanted it to be a surprise," you reply, suddenly getting nervous about dropping the bombshell of your relationship with Connor on him.

"I'm gonna head back to the clubhouse. I'll see you later, Kris," Riz says, before walking out of the batting cages.

"So, since when do you know the Connor McDavid?" Kris asks, tone suddenly becoming more serious.

"For about two years now. I met him when I was doing my internship with the Jays," you reply.

"So why'd you bring Connor with you today?" Kris asks.

"Well Connor and I are kind of seeing each other," you reply nervously.

Connor takes your hand in his and gives it a reassuring squeeze.

"Kind of seeing?" Kris asks, his eyes widening.

"No Kris, we're dating and it's serious," you reply, your voice more firm.

"And you couldn't bother to tell me about this or am I just not that important in your life anymore?" Kris scoffs, face turning into a scowl.

"I didn't tell you because I knew you were gonna go all overprotective on me like always! Just be happy for me Kris!" you plead, fighting the urge to cry.

He immediately feels guilty at the sight of you so distraught and his eyes soften in response.

"(Y/N), I'm sorry that I've always been so hard on you. I just never want to see you hurt, but I love to see you happy. If Connor makes you happy, then it's alright with me," Kris replies, causing your face to turn into a smile.

"Kris, I love your sister and I swear I will never hurt her!" Connor reassures him.

"I trust you with her life, Connor. Don't break it by hurting her or I swear you'll have to deal with me and my teammates," Kris warns, bringing out his overprotective big brother voice.

"I understand," Connor nods seriously.

"Do Mom and Dad know?" Kris asks.

"Yeah and they've met him," you inform him.

"Was I seriously the last person to know?" Kris groans.

"Yes, but I'm glad you're taking it so well. You're the best, Krissy!" you smile, kissing his cheek.

"You're lucky your my sister," he groans.

"Alright well I'm gonna give him a tour of the place and I'll let you get back to hitting," you inform him.

You and Connor bid farewell and leave Kris alone in the batting cages.

"See I told you, you had nothing to worry about, babe," Connor says, lacing his fingers with yours.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, you were right. I was wrong," you groan, hating when he's right.

"No need to be a sore loser  babe," he teases, kissing your hand.

"You're lucky you're hot, dude," you reply, bumping his shoulder.

-

Hey girl, sorry for the wait. I hope you enjoyed it

-

Taty