Widows Peak

We had been at the bar for almost two hours now and I cant tell you how many times we got weird looks from fellow customers.

We have been laughing, and being loud the whole time we've been here.

We had just stopped laughing when Mal stopped us with two more beers.

"The gentleman at the other side of the bar would like me to inform you two to get a room..." he said cutting up.

I turned and looked over. "Thanks Bill!" I said sarcastically getting a thumbs up back.

Bill was another guy who came her all the time, and aparently still does, when I came in my late teens. He shared his stories with me and I told him mine. We became really close.

"Damn Bill" I said laughing and shaking my head as I opened my beer.

"Soo Sam. Are you ready to leave home tomarrow and go to Wisconsin?" Jon said taking a drink of his beer and sitting it back down on the bar.

"Not really.. but sorta.. Im ready to go wrestle and find out what this big storyline is and then on the other side I miss home.. and Im gonna miss my family.. and my grandma.. she's gotten so bad.. I dont know when she's gonna go but.. I know whenever it is.. its soon... and I wont be ready."

"and you dont have to be.. common why dont we take some beers to go and We'll go to that Widows Peak you've been talking about." he said patting my leg and signalling Mal to come over. He ordered two more beers and payed him and we were on our way out.

Widows Peak here is a ledge that over looks the neighboring city. Our town is always overlooked by the government because all they care about is the big city next door.. so on weekends teens would come up to Widows Peak and over look the sunset and the city lights and all from dusk to dawn.

When we arrived to the Peak it was empty..

obviously the tradition doesnt live on.

"So did you come up here often like the others?"

"Well instead of coming on the weekends...Id come on the weekdays so I had it to myself and Id just sit and think. or write."

"Sounds like you.. sooo... antisocialistic?" Jon joked refurring to our other conversation.

"Yes, definently."

"I wonder... I wonder what my life would be like if I never met you.."

"I think about that quite a bit... What do you think it would be like?"

"Well it would be a lot quieter!" he said sarcastically.

"ha.ha. no, seriously."

"ahh well... I think it would be boring.. and I dont think I would be where I am today without you.. Id still be in the Independent companies... and I wouldnt have my best friend... I dont think I would have made it through all the shit.. what about you?"

"It would definently be different. and Ive got to say you have made my life so much better. If I hadnt of met you... my life would suck.. you complete it." I said leaning over and putting my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah...and If I never met you... Id never get the chance to beat your ass in the ring one day..."

"Is that a challenge?" I said raising up and looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

"The is totally what it is."

"youre on!" I said punching his shoulder playfully as I leaned back into my seat and took a drink of my beer and watched the city lights.