Stressed out// Cody Bellinger

For lupedoesit

Lupe

"You may now kiss the bride." The priest said.

Cody looked into my green eyes and pulled me into a sweet kiss with his hands placed on my waist.

We've known each other our whole lives and after six years of being together, we got married. Cody and I have have been married for only two months but his current slump was putting a bit of stress on our marriage. The fans knew he was in a bit of slump. I knew it and even he knew it. He would come home angry that he kept striking out. Our nights would end up with me trying to talk to him only to be ignored.

It was only making me feel bad because I hated seeing him like this. He would beat himself up about it.

Our love was stronger than ever after we got married but due to his whole slump, it seemed to be fading away. My heart ached at the thought of us leaving each other.

Today would be just like any other day. The Dodgers were playing against the brewers today and as always Cody was giving himself a pregame pep talk.

Bottom of the eighth and Cody had striked out three times already. He was up to bat again and I sat at the edge of my seat hoping he'd get at least one hit. Again another strikeout. I frowned as I saw him walk back to the dugout with a disappointed look on his face. I left my seat to go to the clubhouse. Cody sat on a chair with his head in his hands.

"Cody," I said lightly and walked towards him.

Silence. I rubbed his back.

"Please talk to me," I said.

Still nothing. I was getting frustrated.

"leave me alone," he mumbled.

I frowned and took my hand off his back. 

"Cody I'm sorry that you're upset but you don't need to take it out on me," I said starting to get upset. 

I got up from my seat "I'll see you after the game."

I left the clubhouse and when back to my seat to watch the rest of the game. Cody was on my mind throughout the last inning. The game was over and I went back to the clubhouse to meet Cody. We left and he drove home. the only thing heard during the car ride was the faint sound of the music. he parked in the driveway and walked into the house without saying a word. I sighed and rested my head on the dashboard.

I got out of the car and walked inside. He sat on the couch staring the tv that was mounted above the fireplace. 

"Cody," I said and sat next to him.

"what?" he snapped. 

He's never really gotten mad to the point where he yells at me so this was a shock.

"I know you're mad due to your slump but you don't need to take it out on me." I said, "you know your wife in case you've forgotten who I was."

He shook his head and laughed dryly "why haven't you left yet?"

I sat there with my mouth open "Left?"

"I haven't left because I love you, Cody. Seeing as this slump has turned you into a real dick you probably forgot what love is." I said.

"You deserve better just leave." He said, "I'm not worth it."

"I'm not going to leave Cody." I said "I married you because I'm in love you. I not only married my first love but I also married my best friend. Best friends are always there for each other and I'm going to be there for you no matter what. We made a pact on our wedding day to be there for each other throughout the worst times in our lives and I plan on sticking to it." 

He rested his head on my shoulder. I hugged him as I heard small sobs.

"I feel so worthless Lupe. I just want to quit." he said, "The team would be better off without me." 

"Cody don't say that. You have worked too hard for this and I will not let you quit." I said "I know that you feel you'll never get out of this slump but I know you will. It'll take some time but you'll get out of it. You just have to be patient. Just because you're currently at your lowest point doesn't mean that you'll always stay there." 

I lifted his head off my shoulder and kissed his forehead. 

"Let's have a kid." he blurted out.

"What?" I asked with a smile.

"You heard me." he said, "were married and we're gonna eventually have a kid."

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yes." He said, "It's not due to my family constantly telling us to have a kid but I want to start a family with you."

I smiled and sat on his lap.

"Is that so Mr.Bellinger?" I smiled.

He nodded and stood up with me still clinging to him.

"Where are you going?" I laughed.

"To start the baby making process duh." he said in an obvious tone.

I laughed and the rest of the night was spent in the bedroom.

____________________________

Holy crap I wanted to say a huge thank you because I have almost read 1k reads and honestly hearing all the good feedback and requests makes me proud of my work and motivates me to want to write more. Anyways I hope you like it and as always feedback is greatly appreciated.