Flashback

9 year old Poppy was sitting nervously in the waiting room. Her father was rushed to the hospital due to his illness. Two hours went by & Poppy's more nervous, until one of the nurses came out.

Poppy: Nurse, please! How's daddy?

Nurse: We're trying everything we can, honey. Just keep having faith, alright?

Poppy: Ok.....

The nurse left the waiting room & back to Peppy's room. Poppy sighs deeply as she sat back down. She was scared. She lost her mother, even though she has never met her. She doesn't want to lose her father. There were no words to calm her down,  there was a boy just about two years older than her, holding a pure white daisy in front of her.

?: A pretty girl shouldn't have a frown on her face.

Poppy: T-thank you.

Poppy takes the daisy from the boy & he sat next to her

?: What are you in for?

Poppy: My dad's not doing so well because of his illness. They don't think he's gonna last long.

?: Oh....I'm sorry....

Poppy: It just scares me. He's the only family member I have in my life. And if I lose him.....

?: You don't have to finish it.

Poppy: I guess you understand

?: Well, I never knew my parents.

Poppy: Really?

?: I live with my grandma.

Poppy: Oh, she's one of the nurses here?

?: Yeah. She's amazing at it. How about we go somewhere else?

Poppy: Where?

?: Come on.

The boy took her by the hand & started walking. Five minutes later, they arrived at the hospital cafe. By the moment they get there, the smell of sweet hits her nose in an instant.

Poppy: Chocolate? Vanilla? Caramel? Red velvet? Cookies and Creme cake!

?: Wow, you can smell all that?

Poppy: I love cake. So, call it a weakness.

?: I know what it's like. Which one would you like?

Poppy: Umm....I like them all, so I don't know.

?: Then, how about this?

He points to one with strawberries.

Poppy: Strawberry Napoleon! I love Napoleon cakes!

?: So do I!

For most of the time, they were talking about the stuff they like. From every conversation, they have a lot in common. The duo became really good friends after that. Ever since that day, they would always meet at the cafe while the nurses were working on her father. Poppy would worry everyday, but the boy was always there to comfort her, no matter what. Everything seems to be fine, until.....A few days after Poppy turned 10, she found her father still in bed, but with blood coming out of his mouth. She was having a panic attack, so she immediately called for an ambulance. Peppy was rushed to the hospital at once, with Poppy sitting next the waiting room, scared to death. Her friend was holding her close, trying to calm her down. Three hours went by, then the nurse came out.

Poppy: Please, tell me! What's going on with daddy?!

Nurse: I'm sorry, sweetie. But, he didn't make it......We we're too late.....

As soon as Poppy heard the shocking news, she was on her knees bawling her eyes out. The boy was hugging her tightly as she sobbed so hard. The next day, was Peppy's funeral. All of his friends & workers were there. Poppy was on the hill, watching under the willow tree, with her friend beside her.

A week later; At the train station

Poppy: Nii-chan, I can't believe you're moving away.....

?: Me neither. But, I don't have a choice. My grandma got transferred to another city.

Poppy: *tears fall* No! No! I don't want you to leave.

?: *hugs her* I know, Pops. I don't want to leave, either.

Poppy: Will I ever see you again?

?: I'm sure we will.

Poppy: Promise?

?: Promise. I love you.

Poppy: !! I love you, too.

They shared one last hug

Grandma: Honey, they're boarding.

?: Coming, grandma.

As they boarded, the train started to move, & Poppy follows.

Poppy: Nii-chan!

?: Will you wait for me?

Poppy: Of course!

?: I'll never forget you!

Poppy: I won't, either!

The train leaves the station as they started waving good-bye to each other.

Ever since that day, they never saw each other again. But, their bond gets stronger everyday, knowing that they'll meet again.

Nii-chan= big brother