Chapter 5

Louis' POV

"You don't seem too excited, Louis." I shrugged at Liam in response. How could I be excited? It was a welcome back party for Harry, which meant I had to face him for the first time since I found him dying. I should've visited him, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. It's my fault he was there and I can't face him. Harry should hate me, he should loathe my existence but the poor boy just can't seem to do it.

"I'm so damn excited!" Niall was hanging streamers, genuinely smiling for the first time in ages.

"Lou, you okay mate?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." Zayn nodded but I could tell he didn't believe me. He never believed me and with good reason too, I was always lying nowadays.

"Are you guys excited? I can't wait for him to be back." Niall hopped onto the sofa beside me. "Are you as damn excited as me?"

"Look, I hate to be the barer of bad news, but I won't be here for Harry's arrival."

"What do you mean?" The boys all looked offended and I can't blame them.

"I'm going out with Eleanor. In fact, I should be going." Sometimes I wish I could cut out my tongue. I didn't have plans with Eleanor, I never did unless management set it up.

"You're fucking kidding me. Please, tell me you're joking."

"Sorry Liam, I've had these plans for quite some time now." I really just needed an excuse to not be here.

"I cannot believe you right now." Liam huffed, glaring daggers into my soul. I headed for my keys, keeping my gaze low and away from Liam's.

"I don't get why you're getting so pissed, I'm not hurting anyone and I-"

"Not hurting anyone? Are you dense? You're hurting Harry! If that's not enough to keep you here, I don't know what would be."

"Fuck off man." And Liam pounced, tackling me to the ground. He pinned me, smashing me face into the carpet.

"Listen dumbass, if you're not here, Harry will be extremely upset. You have a goddamned responsibility to that boy and an even bigger one to this band!"

"Alright, alright! Enough you two." Zayn pulled Liam off but I continued lying where I was. Tears were threatening to spill and that was really the last thing I needed.

"Get your head out of your ass, Louis. Quit thinking about yourself for just one damn second." Liam spat out every word venomously, making me feel even shittier.

"I'll be back tomorrow." I got up to face Niall who was on the verge of tears. He always cried when anyone argued around him, it was heartbreaking really.

"Don't you dare walk out that door! Louis Tomlinson, don't you d-" I slammed the door behind me, cutting off Liam. I didn't need his lecture, I already knew how awful I was. My head had been throbbing since I found out Harry would be returning today but after Liam tackled me, it feels like bombs are being let off in my brain.

At this point, I just wanted to be away for a little while. I wasn't even sure where I would go, but I was going somewhere. Maybe to a park, maybe off a cliff, who knows?

I apologize for these shit chapters. Xx