Chapter 5: Family Day

The next morning, before Remedial Goodness I intercepted Ben.

"Hello Prince Ben," I bow.

Ben smiles at me. "Good morning Yu-Yan. Are you ready for the family on Sunday?"

I shrug. "Not really, but I do have a couple questions for you."

He raises an eyebrow at me. "Which is?"

I place my hands behind my back and swing my body back and forth. "Do you love Mal more with or without the love spell?"

"Obviously without..." his eyes widen. "How did you know?"

I wink. "I have my ways. Next question, why haven't you told her?"

"I didn't want her to feel bad. The only reason she put a love spell on me was that she didn't think she could compete with Audrey."

I blink at him before bursting out on laughter. "Ben you are so naive and innocent."

He tilts his head. "Huh? What do you mean?"

I shake my head. "I have to go now; Fairy Godmother said she had a surprise for us."

"Come back and explain Yu-Yan!" I heard Ben yell after me as I skipped away.

"Where have you been?" Jay asks as I entered the classroom and took a seat beside him.

"None of your business," I respond.

Jay opened his mouth to reply but before he could Fairy Godmother called for our attention.

"Children, excuse me," she walks down the aisle between the desk. "Um, as you know, uh, this Sunday is family day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we've arranged for a special treat."

She turned around and walked up to the large flat screen TV and turned it on, revealing an up close and personal image of Maleficent.

"I don't see anything, nor do I hear," Maleficent says before backing away from the screen revealing Cruella, Jafar, and the Evil Queen were with here.

"Kids!" Fairy Godmother motions for us to come over. "Yu-Yan, your father, refused to be around the other parents so if you could stay after you will be able to talk to him."

Maleficent shakes the screen a little. "Is it... is it... is..."

"Press enter," Jafar suggests.

"Can I please see a remote!?" Maleficent demands before grabbing the remote from Curella. "Is this thing on? Ugh, It's broken. Ugh! I hate electronic equip... Oh!"

She had hit the button making the screen light up with the image of all five of us and Fairy Godmother.

"Evie, It's mommy!" Grimhilde croons over her daughter. Evie blushes a bit and waves back at her. "Oh! Look how beautiful. Oh, you know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

Maleficent adjusts her horned headdress. "Don't you mean the weeds?"

"Ooh! Who's the old bat?" Cruella asks taking notice of Fairy Godmother.

Mal pushes her way to the front. "This is Fairy Godmother."

"Still doing tricks with eggplants?" Maleficent jokes.

Fairy Godmother puffs up in outrage. "I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage!"

"You really couldn't give Cinderella till one A.M.?" Maleficent continues to needle. "I mean. What, the hamsters had to be back on their little wheels? -"