Chapter 3: The Love Spell

"If someone hands you a crying baby, do you, A, curse it? B, lock it in a tower? C, give it a bottle? Or D, carve out its heart?" Fairy Godmother asks. Evie raises her hands. "Evie."

We were in Remedial Goodness 101 a class that was recently created for wait for it... yours truly.

"What was the second one?" Evie asks and I roll my eyes. She was really playing up the dumb princess role, I could have sworn she was smarter than this at Dragon Hall.

"Oh, okay," Fairy Godmother asks. "Anyone else? Mal? Yu Yan?"

"C, give it a bottle," Mal and I answer at the same time. Mal glares at me, but I just ignored her.

"Correct. Again." Fairy Godmother says before turning back to the board.

"You are on fire, guys!" Carlos tells us.

"Just pick the one that doesn't sound like any fun," Mall tells him.

I roll my eyes again, "Or the one that actually sounds good."

"Oh," Carlos breathes.

"That makes so much sense," Evie says in realization.

Mal and I actually share of disbelief, "Oh..."

At that moment a girl with dark brown hair came in and briskly walked up to Fairy Godmother.

"Oh. Hello, dear one. Hi," Fairy Godmother greets her. "You need to sign off on early dismissal for the coronation. Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane?"

Jane looks at her Mom in horror, "Mom, no!"

"It's okay. Jane, this is everyone," Fairy Godmother comforted her.

"Hi. That's okay, don't mind me. As you were," Jane cutesy's to us before scurrying out of the room.

"Ahem. Let's continue. You find a vial of poison. Do you, A, put it in the king's wine? B, paint it on an apple? Or C, turn it over to the proper authorities?"

Carlos and Jay start to wrestle to see who would be able to raise their hand and answer the questions.

"Oh!" Carlos yells. "Ooh... get off."

Obviously, since Jay was the stronger of the two of them he won. "Jay," Fairy Godmother called.

"C. You turn it over to the proper authorities," Jay answers with a smile.

"I was gonna say that," Carlos huffs.

"But I said it first," Jay responds. "Come here!" he puts Carlos into a headlock.

"Ow!" Carlos yells in pain.

Jay gives Carlos a noogie."Come on, who said it first? Who said it first?"

"Ow! Stop! Ah!" Carlos complained. The two of them were suddenly wrestling on top of the desk.

"I'm so sorry about their behavior," I apologized embarrassedly.

"It's okay," Fairy Godmother tells me with a smile, before turning her attention to the boys. She hits her pointer stick on the desk serval times, "Boys. Boys! I am gonna encourage you to use that energy on the tourney field."

"Oh, no. That's okay. Whatever that is, We'll... We'll pass," Carlos tells her.

________________________________________

I winced at the loudness of the whistle, as I watched the boys on the field beside the couch.

"Jay, Ben, offense. Chad, you're defense. Taylor, you're the shooter." The coach order.