I could not make out anything when everything was so clear. I felt Robin's cold hand on my shoulder.

"HE'S GONE" He mumbled very clearly.

I looked at him and saw sadness in his eyes. I saw the unit of doctors come out one by one. Dr. Clinton stopped in front of us with an apologetic look on his face. He looked toward Isabella who was still peeping through the glassy barrier. She had a smile on her face.

"He's no more." Dr. Clinton faced me.

Isabella laughed and kept watching Eric.
"Okay you want to play with me" She giggled.
"Fine..I'm ready. Let's see how long you sleep." She hissed.

HE'S NO MORE

HE'S NO MORE

His words kept ringing in my mind like they'll consume me from inside. I never expected such tragedy to happen. No ! He can't leave me like this. He can't. My feet were stuck to floor and my mind went numb. I could hear Isabella's laugh in blur. Robin shook my shoulder and made me sit on the nearby chair.

"Mr. Cullen you can collect the body tomorrow at 10 am" Dr. Clinton gave me a form to fill. I could not see clearly.

body...They declared him a body. They were calling him just a body. No ! He is Eric. My Eric. For gid's sake he has a name. They can't call him just a body. I wonder if I feel so empty inside how would his real dad have felt, if only he was here.

"Please fill the form. We have to proceed with the postmortem"

Really ? Postmortem ?

"How dare you say this ? How dare you ? What postmortem ? You want to rip my son's body when he's very much alive" I grabbed him by coller.

"He's sleeping. I know he is very mischevious child. He is pretending I know he doesn't want to go to school." I heard Isabella laugh behind me.

"Mr. Cullen Please fill the form so that we can proceed" He calmed me down and I left his coller.

I tore the form into two peices and rumpled it. How could he say my son is dead ?

"Alex please" Robin came to me.

"Eric is dead..let them do what they want to" He whispered in my ear.

"Shut up Robin."

I grabbed Dr. Clinton's arm and dragged him inside the ICU. I didn't care if I was crossing my limit but he cannot call my son just a body which is dead. How dare he ?

"Check him again. Prove it to me he's dead." I yelled at him.

He sighed and joined few electrodes and gel to his chest, arm and ankles. The continous beeping sound started and he made me look at the electrocardiogram, which showed a straight line.

"See zero heart activity" He said.

"Here check for the pulse. You'll not find it" He said holding Eric's little hand.

"Mr. Cullen. I'm sorry we couldn't save him. I already told your wife in the begining that chances of his survival are very less. The accident was severe." He said gesturing me to come near him.

"See his heart is not beating. He's no more alive." He said and left his hand which lifelessly fell on the bed.

I looked at his tiny body which was full of injuries. His face looked swollen. His eyes were closed like he didn't care about what was going on near him. His little hand had drip marks due to which that portion turned blue. Looking at his condition, I could feel the pain he must have gone through. My heart pained to look at him. I cursed god to be this cruel to a little guy. How could he put a child in so much pain ?

"Please save him for me" I said as tears fill up my eyes. Why was I breaking ? There was a unique power drawing me toward him.

"There's nothing I can do now. He's already gone" He said with a sorry face.

"He can't go. Look at his mother. She's still peeping through that glass barrier in a hope that he'll wake up and run to her."

"See...I can't revive a dead brain" He said looking toward the electrode which was on his chest.

"Mr. Cullen can you please stand there" He pointed toward an open place and I nodded. Then he came to my place and parted Eric's mouth. He then placed his hand on his left chest and gave him CPR. He pumped air in his mouth and kept giving him CPR. After few minutes I heard a beep and I looked at the electrocardiogram. The straight line turned into the parabolic graphs again bringing a happy smile on my face. Dr. Clinton moved away a little not wanting to believe what he saw.

He looked at me and smiled.

"Your son is a champ Mr. Cullen. He won the death battle" He put both of his hands behind his head.

A tear escaped my eye. I knew he can't go like this. He just can't. He was alive and very much alive. It was a miracle, somthing supernatural.

Dr. Clinton called the team of surgeons and I heard all of them rush inside. The nurse again made him wear the oxygen mask and the saline drip were injected in his body. I saw Eric breathe through the mask as the vapour was continously appearing and disappearing.

"We need the blood supply now" The other surgeon said through the mask.

Dr. Clinton called the bloodbank.

"O negative blood supply. Urgent " He said on phone.

"W-H-A-T ?" He yelled and froze.

He disconnected the call and turned to me.

"Mr. Cullen arrange for the O negative doner. Fast . We don't have time. Bloodbank ran out of supply"

My joy instantly turned into horror. I didn't want to loose him again. I ran out and saw Robin standing near Isabella. I saw Isabella, she had tears of happiness in her eyes.

"Robin. Listen to me ask all the worker if anyone has O negative blood group."  I told him and he got busy on phone. Thankfully I keep all my workers after full medical checkups.

I ran out to the elevator to go to another blood bank. I remember mom had the same blood type. Once when she needed the blood I donated her.

"Shit" I ran back to the ICU.

Dr. Clinton looked at me. "Mr. Cullen don't waste time we need the blood right now otherwise we won't be able to cope up with his falling platelet count."

I looked at Eric's innocent face, who was struggling to breathe in.

"I...I can be the doner" I rubbed my chin.
How could I be so stupid not to remember my own blood group.

*******TO BE CONTINOUED********

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE.

Hii Friends.

Happy now ??

I hope I'm not hated now.