Chapter 16: Siren's Call

Start from the beginning

There he is, the second love target from 'Hera: Captured Hearts', Prince Kai...

Mother and Father went forward, knelt down and saluted with firm fists above their hearts. Us three children were to simply stand a few steps behind and give a slight bow until we're told otherwise; of course, at this point, I was no longer in Cain's arms.

"My family and I congratulate your majesty on your tenth year as the Imperare! We hope and pray for your success to continue in your reign. Please accept this performance from my children and one of my apprentices." Father said with poise and vigour.

With a regal smile, the Imperare spoke. "Thank you, Hakoda and Ahkua. Please lifts your heads. This is a time of celebration and I wish to see what these children have prepared for me, especially when it has been so long since I last saw each of them."

After the Imperare spoke, we all stood up properly. Before descending from the stage, Father and Mother looked back to give us encouraging smiles. Mother, in particular, mouthed me a good luck. Wait, we're going straight into the performance?! Just like that?! Feeling a hand on my head, I looked up to see Virgil giving me a comforting smile.

Cain knelt down and quickly spoke in a lowered voice. "You will do great, princess." With one last teasing smirk, he and Virgil and went to their positions.

With a sigh, I went to my position and kept my gaze lowered. As I placed myself a few steps behind, and in between, Cain and Virgil, I noticed that two of our family's knights are stationed on each of the four stairs that allowed entrance to the stage. Since when did they get there?

Just before my thoughts began to wander, the hall's lights dimmed, and blue flames surrounded the edge of the stage, then, quite a number of small flames could be seen floating around the hall – seemingly not harming anyone. I spotted Cain beginning to use the advanced technique of gathering water from the air, and therefore focused on the performance at hand. Once the water reached a sizeable amount, with its weight approximately that of two to three adult-sized men, he began to split the body of water between the three of us. The moment I let my magic activate, there was no longer a crowd, nor a hall – I focused all of my attention on the dance and the music. With the three of us prepared, the music began to play.

As we began our dance, aside from the music, I could clearly hear Cain and Virgil's movements. There was no need for me to try and match them, for I felt our movements were nicely harmonized. In a move where we passed the water to the other person, I caught sight of Cain's gaze. Its intensity caused me momentary pause, but the music went on and so did the performance. Once our gazes disconnected, my feet didn't miss a beat and my arms did not fail to control the water rhythmically. With every movement I felt something inside me surge.

Levi, are you ready to show yourself?

A deep, booming voice replied in my mind. "Yess, Master..."

When my solo neared, I spotted Virgil's calming smile when the dance allowed a turn. However, once Cain and Virgil completed their part and passed all the water to me, Levi once again spoke. "Thiss much is not enough, Master."

At this point, it was only a minute before the music would end and I strongly wished for this to end, so without much thought, I remembered the movements that Cain did to gather water from the air and copied them quickly before I missed the next part.

"Thiss iss good enough..."

Hearing Levi's words, I stopped the technique and stretched the water above my head in an arch. Almost as soon as I did that, Levi appeared. Some noise slightly obscured the music at that moment, but I simply focused harder on the instruments' sounds and continued on with my performance. Remembering that Levi's length was not the same as the volume of water that I had practiced all this time, I had to exaggerate my movements a bit more to ensure that Levi could move in such a way that did not hit anything. Hearing the very last parts of the song, I made sure I stood at the very centre of the stage as I spun and made Levi coil himself around me. By the last beat, I knelt down on one knee and placed a fist above my heart as I faced the Imperare's direction.

Yes! I'm done! After this I can just complain to Cain and Virgil that I feel tired and hungry then we can hide in one corner of the hall for the rest of this celebration!

However, above my loudly beating heart, I could hear a loud commotion. Looking up I immediately saw Cain and Virgil's bemused expressions.

"For you to have caused me to change thiss much in a ssmall amount of time iss impresssive, Master."

Wondering what Levi was referring to, I looked up behind me and found that I was face to face with the incredibly large head of a water dragon. Huh?! Wasn't Levi's head only around two meters tall?! Why does it look like it's three times that now?! I let my gaze follow along the length of Levi's body and found that it easily surrounded the stage, that was approximately seven metres in diameter, twice.

Wha...? Levi, did you make me gather this much water just so you can manifest?!

When Levi opened its mouth to talk, I found that I could easily fit two of me vertically in that gaping mouth. "When sshowing one's power, they sshould proudly sshow it all. Why elsse would Master ssettle for lesss?"

I was shocked frozen at Levi as a whole. "Why?" You say? Maybe because I don't want to bring too much unnecessary attention to myself!

----------CHAPTER END----------

Word Count: 1727

ENJOY THE FRUITS OF MY PROCRASTINATION!

LOL. Hope you guys enjoyed! See ya'll next chapter! :)